Replies

• pickup is not bad at all - pots are sub par and so is the pickup ring. some of these also seem to have a lot of hum that I have a hard time gettting rid of unless I shield the entire inside of the box. Still Worth $5 bucks for just the pickup alone though.

• Hi Janne, bought one on eBay from Hong Kong a white one from SZdepot88 for 5.79 GBP. Does not work as it's wired wrong.

Complained and received a voucher for 7.00 US dollars so all in all not a a bad deal for the money. Stublecol has one he rewired and fitted to his home made dog bowl guitar with a slight mod and seems very happy with it. All the best mate, Chris. :)

• I just got 4 more from suntekstore 4,5 euros each.Hope those work...
  • That was probably because the Chinese solder from right to left instead of left to right.

Dave Howard said:

Hi all.

I just got one of these on ebay for my first attempt at a build. I thought buying a pre wired rig would save me some time, bad language and burnt fingers. However, when I tested it the jack was dead. A while spent looking at wiring diagrams and checking everything with a multi-meter led me to a wire which had been soldered to the wrong terminal on the volume pot. All seems to be well now and my burns aren’t too bad but I think I may solder up my own rigs in future. I can’t tell you how it sounds as the glue is still setting up on my guitar.

• Hi all.

I just got one of these on ebay for my first attempt at a build. I thought buying a pre wired rig would save me some time, bad language and burnt fingers. However, when I tested it the jack was dead. A while spent looking at wiring diagrams and checking everything with a multi-meter led me to a wire which had been soldered to the wrong terminal on the volume pot. All seems to be well now and my burns aren’t too bad but I think I may solder up my own rigs in future. I can’t tell you how it sounds as the glue is still setting up on my guitar.

• Thank you, Keni! You just saved my day!

OP: I'll give it a try. It costs literally nothing.

Keni Lee Burgess said:

So, I'm at the bar last night, and I'm talkin' it up with this hot Chinese chick.

I lean over and whisper in her ear, "Lets go home to my place for a little 69".

She looks at me with this big smile and sez,

"I love Beef and Broccoli".

(Sorry could not resist)

Enjoy.

• So, I'm at the bar last night, and I'm talkin' it up with this hot Chinese chick.

I lean over and whisper in her ear, "Lets go home to my place for a little 69".

She looks at me with this big smile and sez,

"I love Beef and Broccoli".

(Sorry could not resist)

Enjoy.

• I use one of these on my main CBG. and it works great.

• i've bought a couple from Suntekstore uk,and a fully loaded 'strat' pick guard (which i stripped for the parts) £11 ish.

they work fine..

• it looks like a bunch of people have used that or VERY similar even saw em on utube sound ok to me i would add a .022 uf tone cap on it google shows very simple install instruction now you can cut highs and fill middle with a bit o bass. orange caps like single coil in .022 most common strat cap or a .047 for lower treble fatter top mid and bottom hope that mite help you, Slim
This reply was deleted.