Screwed up in a big way! Working on a CBG on my picnic table aka work bench when I knocked off my box of tuner parts(see where this is going). Living in Fla the land of sun and sand, lots and lots of sand. To make a long story short, I need to replace the screws, without them my projects are dead in the water. I can't find them in any hardware store. What size are they, so I can order some? Thanks.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I would ride my bike over the area.  This is a quick and easy way to locate any loose screws in an area. The only drawback is that it can cost a bit in puncture repair kits. 

• LOL I even tried barefoot in the area, so now I just keep it watered real well and waiting to see what sprouts. The way I look at it, they scattered like seeds, about the size of seeds, who knows? I know they'll never be found. Maybe by a future archeologist who will say to his help " This person lost his screws, is that petrified feline poop?  Bet he was on his hands and knees in this looking for them ! What an idiot!" :-)

• As stated below, Gitty sells them.  I bought a bunch years ago and they were a good buy.  I am still using them.  I do the drop on the floor thing too.  I try to use a magnetic cup thingy to put metal parts in.

• These were in a small plastic box with a lid, at the time I was working on the frets and smacked them hard enough to scatter them into the 4 winds. Sand in your yard isn't packed, so they buried like clams. I buy from GITTY when I have enough for free shipping. My pet project eats away at 'any' extra cash I have.

• As stated below, Gitty sells them.  I bought a bunch years ago and they were a good buy.  I am still using them.  I do the drop on the floor thing too.  I try to use a magnetic cup thingy to put metal parts in.

• I found them in brass the other day at Lowes.,.,#2 flat blade button head, 3/8"., in little plastic packs., they are available all over the net too.,stew-mac spams me about them all the time, in bulk.,.,The hobby store might have them.,.,around here they have craft stores (Michael's).,

• Stewmac's is way too over priced on their line of tools in my opinion. I've found some of the 'very same thing' for half the money, like I stated earlier I don't have a problem with profits, just being bent over. But it comes down to choice. I'll have to go back to Lowe's, I most have overlooked the screws.

• For solid headstock:
    https://www.cbgitty.com/craft-parts-hardware/100pc-2-x-3-8-stainles...

For slotted headstock:                                                                                            https://www.cbgitty.com/craft-parts-hardware/100pc-2-x-1-4-stainles...

• I would just search Lutherie Suppliers, you got dozens to choose from over there, lucky buggers. Australia got its fair share too.

Taff

• Not at home  depo , or the usual suspects .. but ..

Ace Hardware "usually " has them .

This reply was deleted.