Please post pictures of your contest submissions here. Be sure to include any pertinent information about your instrument that you think others, including the judges, would enjoy knowing.

Good luck and good building!!!

Views: 29220

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

i'm in!

Working on some innovative, aesthetically pleasing technically challenging new builds, would most definitely like to be in! (-;

Hi.I'm in!! (even if judges don't get any bribery....)

-ZhrNUA*dYRLUHoQIFmbB*erAXa/IMAG0204.jpg?width=721" width="721" class="align-full">

Well, here's my entry. I call this girl the O.H. Baliset. She was made for a friend of mine on request. He had always wanted a tenor guitar so I made this girl for him. He didn't want any pickups that would show so I put in a piezo and jack. He isn't familiar with electric guitars and prefers them to look simple and classic. Actually had to convince him to get the piezo. She features a cherry neck, scarf joint headstock, rosewood fretboard with poplar fret markers, rosewood covered tail piece, a padauk and cherry bridge with threaded rod saddle, and a domino nut. 22.5 inch scale length

A Baliset is a guitar like instrument in the science fiction book Dune, written by Frank Herbert. I am a huge fan and that is how I met my friend years ago online. The O.H. stands for Orthodox Herbertarian. We call ourselves this because the authors son is now writing Dune books and many fans hate them, so we stick to the originals. The font that you see on the headstock was recreated by another dune fan friend of mine from the font that was featured on the original paperback and hard cover dune books in the 60s and beyond. As far as we know, it was never used for anything else other than dune books. He had to recreate the font and even make new designs for letters that had never been used on the books! I hope you guys like it, it was made with a lot of passion. By the way, there are no thinking machines or much higher technology in Dune because it was destroyed for fear of making us weak, so music and classical instruments were a high form of entertainment for the characters in Dune. Good to know that good music is still being created 25,000 years from now!

Better look at font.

I know it's sad and pathetic but it was only when I'd finished making the pickup surrounds that I realised they looked like your local Klingons favourite weapon the Bat'leth.Hence the name of this effort.

Rocky Patel box with lauan neck (cut from old garage shelf ), Brazilian Cherry finger board with aberlone dots and rosewood/white edging.

The bridge has bought saddles sitting in a homemade tray made from brass sheet folded up and silver soldered.

Gorgeous!

I return the compliment. Though I was scratching my head wondering what the markings on the nut were.A fixing,an adjustment should have read your description first doh!!

A Russell Eight Spades CBG said:

Better look at font.

6 string dulcimer with maple neck, walnut fretboard.

Ole 49nr walnut neck copper tuners bridge cover copper tube beat to hell and bent and reso cover sum kind of vintage steam tray i think LAS CABRILLAS BOX ALSO BEAT UP AND SANDED

This looks as though it has been through hell and survived...I think it's great

Ted Kaczynski said:

Ole 49nr walnut neck copper tuners bridge cover copper tube beat to hell and bent and reso cover sum kind of vintage steam tray i think LAS CABRILLAS BOX ALSO BEAT UP AND SANDED

Lots of tone in this humble package....thanks to the elmar pickup for full recordings....zero hum, no hiss!

...just pure sonic twang from Austria

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

Latest Activity

BrianQ. liked Doug Thorsvik's video
41 minutes ago
BrianQ. commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

Da Do Ron Ron: 3D Printed Cigar Box Guitar

"Another great oldie I thought I’d never hear on cbg!! :)"
41 minutes ago
Doug Thorsvik posted a video

Da Do Ron Ron: 3D Printed Cigar Box Guitar

Cigar Box Guitar Slingers - Spokane, 198th Zoom Mtg 04/15/24. Only 1-finger chords, free songbooks here: https://www.cbgslinger.com/download CBG Songbook.pdf...
3 hours ago
Matthias Bichsel left a comment for Moritz Voegeli
"www.cbguitars.ch auf FB This Bichsel"
23 hours ago
Matthias Bichsel left a comment for Moritz Voegeli
"Hallo, ich bin aus Solothurn. Lisa Stearns hat mich gefragt ob ich Dich kenne. Ich baue cbg. Gruss…"
23 hours ago
Matthias Bichsel liked Moritz Voegeli's profile
23 hours ago
BrianQ. left a comment for John Herrick
23 hours ago
BrianQ. left a comment for Daniel Cook
23 hours ago
BrianQ. left a comment for Skip Novakovich
23 hours ago
T-Gripped liked David Woodman 's photo
23 hours ago
Profile IconJohn Herrick, Daniel Cook and Skip Novakovich joined Cigar Box Nation
yesterday
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

The Blues riff a Tutorial BCB 2024

"Yup Doug ! standart tuning for the four that el be missing the E's ADGB ,on the 3 Tree String…"
yesterday

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->