Hi guys,

Looks like my supply of boxes is almost out, so Im looking for someone in the US to put another shipment together.

Im Uk based of course, and am happy to pay the going rate and the shipping - ideally I'd like a mixture of paper covered and wood boxes, minimum 9" in length and in good condition. No point shipping boxes half way round the world if I cant use them!

In the past Iv had parcels of 20 or 30 from Wichita Sam, Hal, Ottie etc, but I dont like to hassle the same folk over and again, so how about I help YOU clear out your shelf this time round? :o)

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Seen the pic, sent you a mail - thanks Wes :)
    Anyone else looking to move some stock? I can take another batch if theyre available
  • Thanks guys - I like to use genuine cigar boxes as I fond brighter and more decorative cbgs sell better. I sell around 10 papercovered cbgs for every wood one.
    I also like to buy off other nation folk - it helps them clear out the shelf and get in the mrs's good books (at least temporarily) and there tends to be a better mix of boxes. Many of the commercial suppliers only have limited choiuce and are often sold out :(
    Plus, it gives you some extra Christmas money :)
  •  Have you contacted Cigarbox deals.com ?   Dumb question !?!!   But it's all the help I got .  They have an ad on this site .     

• Hi RM,

You can build your own boxes, as I do in China where cigar boxes are rarer than hen's teeth. Here's a link to my CBN discussion group on building sound boxes: Home Made Resonator Boxes 101, v.2.0. I find my home made boxes, which use a 2mm plywood veneer for the soundboard, generally sound better than most cigar boxes. They are not that hard to build. And I more often build what I call "paddle-box" dulcimers because the way I build them, they're even easier to build that a standard six-sided box.

Hope you return to making resonator cones soon. I'm still interested in buying a few.

-Rand.

This reply was deleted.