Spent some quality time at the Indiana State Fair. Things I learned.
1. You can mount pretty much any food this side of pudding to a stick, fry it, and it will sell at the Indiana State Fair.
2. You cannot buy Coke products at the Indiana State Fair. Part of some deal they made with Pepsi.
3. The shortest distance between any two points at the Indiana State Fair will be blocked off by the biggest crowd of humanity you have ever seen in your life waiting on fried food. Generally fried food on a stick.
4. Everything that tastes good will taste better battered and deep fried.
5. Don't eat the free popcorn next to the $2 bottles of water. It's only free if you can eat a bag of salty popcorn without getting thirsty.
6. It's not cheap, but it's a fun day. Can't wait until next year.
7. Donut burgers are a thing. A very, very tasty thing.