Torch tip cleaners

I kept seeing posts about people who suggested using torch tip cleaners to cut the notches in nuts and bridges. I had check my local home improvement store, but couldn't find anyone who knew what I was talking about. I had never seen them, so I was not much help.

But, I found a guy who knew what I was looking for.

This was $3.99 at Home Depot.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Like David said, they do okay on one or two guitars but after that they really can't take the abuse.  I bought a custom set from a guy who sells on ebay from time to time for about $30 or $40.  It's not cheap but it's a damned sight cheaper than the specialized nut files they sell at StewMac or Luth. Merc.  Anyway it was a really good investment for the money and my nut slots have been picture perfect ever after.
  • They are okay for the price but I find the thinner ones start to get a bit bent quite quickly.  Another cheap alternative are feeler gauges which you score one side several times with a file (you can do the whole set in one go).  This was discussed recently here (pictures about halfway down).http://www.cigarboxnation.com/group/thebritsarecoming/forum/topics/...
This reply was deleted.