I’ve made a couple of trips to the local Home Depot and Lowe’s and their wood sucks!  Only have poplar and some oak and NONE of it is straight.  Most of it is not even close to straight!  Is that normal?  Where are y’all finding your neck wood stock?  Where are you finding woods like maple, walnut, etc?

Going to head to the closest Woodcraft (50 miles).  Hopefully they have some decent selection of something that is straight.  Are any of you ordering wood from online sources?

Thanks,

Mark

Views: 535

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm out in the southwest roaming and I've recently seen HD's carrying maple, cedar, cherry, and birch in 1x3 and up sizes. I spied a 1.5x1.5x8 maple piece a few months back before I got into cbg's and didn't buy it. Went for the cherry and birch instead. Not all HD's carry the same wood and it's usually all where you would see the cedar 1x8's.

Menards (I had to get out of the house so I made up an excuse to get TP and went at 6am) had Hickory and Mahogany all of a sudden.    I looked there previously but this is new. I sorted through two dozen and bought the only two straight ones.    Plus a couple other ones just to have a little stock.  

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Taffy Evans yesterday. 8 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Latest Activity

BrianQ. liked Gary O'slide's video
4 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Flathead Diddley Bow

"Thanks. Wow! That becomes a spendy box Alan. They are pretty distinctive though. I have a few on…"
8 hours ago
Nigel McTrustry posted a video

Nigel McTrustry & The Hound Dogs are Loose! - Yellow Dog - Live - Original - Cigar Box Guitar

Nigel McTrustry & The Hound Dogs are Loose! Yellow Dog (McTrustry)@ The Cave Inn Brisbane, Australia.The song is currently on Spotify.
8 hours ago
AGP # commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Flathead Diddley Bow

""Sweet Doug" :-), have seen quite a few Flathead Builds over the years, great looking…"
11 hours ago
AGP # liked David Dodt's photo
11 hours ago
11 hours ago
11 hours ago
AGP # liked Doug Thorsvik's photo
11 hours ago
11 hours ago
11 hours ago
AGP # liked Aaron Green's photo
11 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Gary O'slide's video
12 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->