Nation 3.0 Updates from Shane

12543819459?profile=RESIZE_710x

Hi all, it's Shane Speal.  I wanted to give you guys an update about the latest changes for Nation 3.0.  This is especially for the 'old guard' members who have taken such good care of Nation 2.0, even with all its glitches and problems.

1. Troubles logging in?  Email me directly at sspeal@cbgitty.com and I'll put in a support ticket with the web provider.  You might have to reset your password.  As we migrated from the old to new, there were a few hiccups.
  2. You requested that we bring back Forum topics.  I discussed this with our servers and unfortunately, this design is gone in 3.0.  I'll see what I can do to bring some sort of organization back.
  3. Speaking of organization, I've been going through the GROUPS section to clean things up.  Our groups are now divided into four categories: Building, Playing, Meet-Ups and Sell & Swap.  
  4. I'm spending a lot of time eliminating so much redundancy with GROUPS and other features.  With 16 years of content, there's stuff scattered everywhere.  Any new groups must be approved by admins.
  5. Blogs are now for Admin use only. (In its old setup, people were posting the same content in Blogs as the Forum.)  I'll be moving our free plans and other articles over there.  Old blogs might be reposted into forum posts. Still not sure...

So what's for the future?  

• Things are still slow in here, but I'm still working on the re-organization.  Eventually, we're going to promote Nation 3.0 through the Gitty email, Youtube and all our social media.  Look for lots of new faces when that happens.
  • We're going to be encouraging more meet-ups with Cigar Box Nation members.  I just hosted Cigar Box Nation: Central PA last week and it was a BLAST!  There were 20 builders who gathered, geeked out over each others' instruments, gave building secrets and jammed a little.  It's the missing element in the cigar box guitar movement.
  • More building contests and fun stuff

One more thing:  I want to personally thank BrianQ for constantly seeding content into this ol' website, even on the slowest days.  As I clean up the groups, I'm seeing so much good stuff that you've posted over the years, just to spur conversation.  Brian, thank you!

Feel free to comment below on tips, ideas and who's buying the next round.  🍺

Cheers!

Shane

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The site is much improved. Looking forward to seeing it continue to progress into the future.

Thanks for remaining the undisputed King of the CBG movement. 👑

• Yep, BrianQ & Taff  have been holding down the fort.  

• Hi, I must be a bit of an old dummy, but, I could never make sense of that chat area. All I would see is someone's one-line remarks that often did not make sense, but no actual to-and-fro communication between members. Was I doing something wrong?

Taff 

• The Chat is still down there, but it's in the right hand corner now. It's kinda tucked in, you have to click on it to expand it? Something new Shane found out is you can now post pics in the chat box? Back in the early days there was 40-50 people in there day & night, having a great time! 

• Is there a chat room? Years ago it was used a lot.

• Hi Shane, thanks for the update, I'm sure what you are doing is appreciated by all. It will take time but we'll get over the new look and the way of doing things. 

I just bought a new computer, [trying to transfer data] so I can understand the mammoth task you have taken on. I also lost over 30,000 photos, all guitar-related, from an external drive, but luckily the computer tech got them back. Sure does hit hard when you lose stuff.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers Taff

• Thanx & your welcome Shane!! I've been fanning the flames over the years in hopes that the fire won't go out!! I've been here since the beginning, so it's hard to see 'er go down! 3.0 is different from 2.0, but if the nation is to evolve to the future, then some things will have to change, whether we like them or not. But I'm always optimistic in what the future will bring for cigar box nation, which is why I keep coming back year after year. Kudos to you for starting the revolution & Gitty for keeping it alive 😁👍🏽

• Agreed. You've been a shining star BrianQ.

This reply was deleted.