Hey everyone, new guy, first post, first off I'd like to say what a great bunch of pickers have gathered here, been reading post nightly for weeks now and it seems like a great group, anyhoo... I'm about to start my first build and thanks to this site I think I have all my ducks in a row as far as the build goes, my question is with the mag pickup, I plan on putting the pickup in the neck position and plan on using either a mini humbucker or a lipstick, so I'm wondering if the pickup isn't specifically made for a 3 stringer is there a trick for angle or will centered and striate across the strings be fine, thanks in advance for any input.

Gene.  

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for the quick reply guys, I've played guitar most of my life and even own a CBG 3 stringer I bought from a friend a few years back, but I've never attempted a build, time to get my feet wet in some new water, thanks again.

•  I 've used pole less mini humbuckers on 2 of my builds and a single coil pole less , any pickup that uses a bar magnet will work great just centre it and leave at least 1/4in below the strings with them pressed down at the top fret you can raise or lower the pickup to suit your taste .

• a lipstick  or   poleless mini  won't    matter .

some   folks will angle  other   6  pole    pickups  to  better  center the strings  some what  closer  to  the  poles  ..  but  even that  dont  matter  much  .  the  mag field    radiates  out   and will still  catch  it  .    but  it   looks  better  and   may  be  a tiny  bit  clearer  . 

• Centered to the neck should do just fine....happy building!

This reply was deleted.