After reading about Shane's need for a laptop a great idea hit me: there are over 1000 members here at the Nation. A simple solution to help Shane out is to ask each member to donate $1.00 ! Heck, if only half the members donated, Shane could get a decent laptop. I realize that times are tough these days. I lost my job too, in Feburary. But shortly before that, I got involved here with my first build completed in March. The Nation & CBGs have helped me keep my sanity (what little I orignally had) during the last several months. I owe alot to many of the members here (inspiration) and to Shane for this site which I check in at least 3 times a day. This site has brought alot of people together...all thanks to Shane. So, in this season of giving and with the struggle in Shane's life (Maddie), now is a great time to show our appreciation. So PLEASE give the idea a thought & donate if you can. I guess just hit the PayPal link on the homepage & mention the money is for the laptop. Thank you and have a great holiday! Ken (NoiseMaker)

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• GREAT!! Glad everything worked out. Keep up the good work....

Shane Speal said:
    Hey guys, I wanted to let you know that this laptop is kicking ass! I also have a new battery on its way (thanks to your donations...you guys amaze me).

I know this sounds trivial, but just having my computer out of my basement office and doing my Nation edits out in public is such a huge blessing and really makes this job the greatest occupation I've ever had! (I hope I can turn it into a full time occupation!)

Thank you all. Your donations will turn into investments with big returns for the entire CBG community!

shane
  • Hey guys, I wanted to let you know that this laptop is kicking ass! I also have a new battery on its way (thanks to your donations...you guys amaze me).

I know this sounds trivial, but just having my computer out of my basement office and doing my Nation edits out in public is such a huge blessing and really makes this job the greatest occupation I've ever had! (I hope I can turn it into a full time occupation!)

Thank you all. Your donations will turn into investments with big returns for the entire CBG community!

shane
  • "I still hate to buy a new one. Cheapness is in my blood, I guess".

I know the feeling! I'm always snooping for the best deal on an item I desire/need. Good luck....
  • Wow, you guys are amazing. How about this...I'll dedicate 100% of donation money to a used or refurb'd laptop. Once I've got one, I'll post an update in here.

I still hate to buy a new one. Cheapness is in my blood, I guess.

you guys just blow my mind. Seriously. Wish I could buy y'all a beer right now.
    shane
  • This is a great idea.
  • Update..just made a donation & didn't see a place to designate what the money is for....Maybe Shane could set something up for this if he chooses.

Thanks..
This reply was deleted.