I have done a fair amount of searching and haven't really come up with much. Looking to do DAD  tuning on a new build. 25.5" scale length with magnetic pickups. C.B Gitty has them for acoustics but not electric. I am guessing there is a reason why.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I made a pair of canjos with this scale length and tuning, but used completely different strings for them. one had EAD strings with the E tuned down and the other used the Gbe Strings tuned down. I'd recommend trying the Gbe strings, gives off a good jangled chime.

got the idea from an alternative DADDAD tuning used in Scottish and Irish Folk, just a matter of splitting up a regular 6 string set. plus you still got the EAD for another DAD if you wish.

• For DAD I have used D’addario XL (52-42-30) & strings (6,5,4 ) from La Bella flatwound heavy for 25.5” & beyond for years & years, with great results? Personally, I like my strings big, so you might wanna try medium first, but if you want deep delta blues, go with the heavy? Cheers :)

• Best way to choose string gauges:

String Diameter Calculator

• using a DAD tuning on my git. its a good tuning..i have a shorter scale 600mm ( 23.62") . i used the 3rd,4th and 5th strings from a set of cheap electric guitar light set of 9's 

• Good info... Thanks for the help.

• I don't know if this helps, but here is a link for electric D Major tuning

https://www.cbgitty.com/cigar-box-guitar-parts/strings-sets/electri...

• Or look down lower right on the main page and see info on strings for different tunings.

• No reason why that I can think of.  Use the 6th, 5th and 4th strings from any six string set - those are 'standardly' tuned EAD and work great for DAD, especially with a longer scale like you have.  Musicians Friend has a brand called Musicans Gear that is cheap and good.  

This reply was deleted.