I got some of Dan Sleeps pickups,, beautiful looking things ,, and he told me they were real delicate ... I have been cutting holes inna scrap piece of wood top to learn how to install em ,,, not having a lotta luk .

As I don't want to ruin em ,, what are the bestest ways u guys install em ?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks, Pat.   Good wishes Rich.  Be careful.   I kind of forget on mine.  I think I cut the whole close and fitted the top of the pickup from underneath.  

• Early Christmas at MADDOG CBG's

This is the pickup before I trimmed it, the bottom piece of wood and top were basically the same size therefore I could not drop it down through a hole in the box. I tipped it up on edge and trimmed the bottom on my bandsaw to make the bottom piece smaller. Just watch that you don't cut the copper leads.

• That's exactly what I got right there ,, ok  I can see what u talking about ..  Thanks guys ,, I believe I b good to go !

By the way ,, saw this box earlier and thought it was a really nice looker ,, know it sounds good with the " Sleep" p/u in it  

• Do you have a photo of the pickup you have Richard? I'll have a look and see if we can figure something out.

Here is a pic of the way I mounted mine:

306237148?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Hey, RIch.   Mine was a retrofit and it just fit nicely glued to the neck with a cutout big enough for the small part to fit through the box.   Maddog could give you insight.   I think he carefully trimmed some off. 

This reply was deleted.