Replies

• Thanks for all the tips guys I do appreciate it. Ill let you all know how it goes.... Dave
  • Is the neck bolt on?  If so, then should be ok as long as you have the neck block well secured in the box.
  • If you're wanting to go full electric power you could potentially fill the whole box with wood, depending on how big it is, then cut out the space you need for the guts. That will give a nice solid mass to anchor your neck to.

• Well you do need to reinforce the box.  You need to make a nice solid piece that connects the neck to where all your pressure is going to be.
  • Thanks Dan that was my thinking. Im new to this so i like to get advice from those who know more.... Dave

Dan Sleep said:
    I would think the neck would be OK, but like you are already planning, I would reinforce the box so that you don't have a collapse of the joint between the neck and the box. A cigar box is not all that sturdy to begin with, so don't skimp on the reinforcing materials.
  • I would think the neck would be OK, but like you are already planning, I would reinforce the box so that you don't have a collapse of the joint between the neck and the box. A cigar box is not all that sturdy to begin with, so don't skimp on the reinforcing materials.
This reply was deleted.