There are several who seem to use these with much success. I tried this, and bobby pins on two of my earliest of builds. The bobby pins worked, but were simply glued to the fretboard (no clean way to do it... lots of squeeze out with no good way to clean the board after the glue set). The nails were a pain in the butt, made the frets too high (similar to how a scalloped fretboard acts if you are used to applying full pressure). Everything fretted sharp, despite the intonation being set somewhat correctly.
I would go with traditional frets over anything else.
I have used them and they work ok but they can be hard to set in straight.