Considering picking up a Vox Mini5 for practise and busking. It has a mic input along with regular guitar input but I am wonder how the mic/vocals sound through it. I heard one demo video of the mic input through the amp and it sounded horrible, like a low pass filter was applied at 750Hz or something. That's a deal breaker for me so I thought I'd ask if anyone here has the amp how the mic line in sounds. Hoping to busk with my CBG and mic. 

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I bought a Mini5 Rhythm yesterday. Absolutely loving it so far but I can't answer your question because I don't have a real mic and the one I'm building still has a few hours for the glue to dry.  : )

306710637?profile=RESIZE_480x480Pretty sure it's going to sound low-fi no matter what the quality of the amp. lol

• Gonna pick one up hopefully tomorrow. I was also looking at the Boss Katana but I think as a beginner amp the Vox does more for me.

• Have u looked @ Mobile cube? 

• you may wanna look at the LINE 6 Micro Spider . it has a separate pa mic amp  ontop .  hence you won't be running  your voice through the  guitar effects  etc .. . 

306708440?profile=original

• I have one and love it...but you might want to try your mic and see, but it is a great amp!

• Yeah, I heard the amp was quite good. Only example of vocals through it was this video. It's cringeworthy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTgI4mbn-NE

• It sounded like it was just peeking out, Mine sound crystal clear and my wife has sung thru it many times

This reply was deleted.