Replies

• Well if you can find them for less than $12 I sure would like to hear about it.

Don Goguen said:
    Got the answer after scrolling through enough of the terms. No on the combining of shipping.

For a lot of guitar hardware I use a seller out of Ontario CA. They are very cheap and when you buy multiple items, you only pay the one single highest shipping. Usually only about $5. I like to stock up on many items and this makes for about the cheapest way so I look for it with Ebay sellers. Not that this would be that bad a deal at $12 each, just not the same as picking up 6 for $5 and paying something reasonable for shipping all of them.

Don Goguen said:
    I figured it might be one of the asian sellers. Next to nothing on the part but you pay through the nose for shipping. 5 for the part, 8 for shipping is $12. You said you bought a few. Do they combine shipping?

Mark Lillo said:
  • Got the answer after scrolling through enough of the terms. No on the combining of shipping.

For a lot of guitar hardware I use a seller out of Ontario CA. They are very cheap and when you buy multiple items, you only pay the one single highest shipping. Usually only about $5. I like to stock up on many items and this makes for about the cheapest way so I look for it with Ebay sellers. Not that this would be that bad a deal at $12 each, just not the same as picking up 6 for $5 and paying something reasonable for shipping all of them.

Don Goguen said:
    I figured it might be one of the asian sellers. Next to nothing on the part but you pay through the nose for shipping. 5 for the part, 8 for shipping is $12. You said you bought a few. Do they combine shipping?

Mark Lillo said:
  • I figured it might be one of the asian sellers. Next to nothing on the part but you pay through the nose for shipping. 5 for the part, 8 for shipping is $12. You said you bought a few. Do they combine shipping?

Mark Lillo said:
  • mate buzzers are only a couple dollars and a switch a couple more, if Mike give u his secret do both ;)

Mark Lillo said:
    I tried a piezo disc between two pieces of walnut. I figured that would be the easiest way to do it, but the ribbon transducer has a much fuller sound to it. I will ask him though,he may have a better way to do it than I tried. Thanks for the help

+ strongly suggest the difference is the preamp not the shape of the piezo element, i'd do both and a switch befre preamp so u can compare the two, cost u next to nothing..
  • <</body>
  • That's the exact same preamp in my "Salvador Ibanez" classical.
  • Would you mind sharing the seller's name? I might be interested in pickup up a few myself for some upcoming projects.

Mark Lillo said:
    The pre-amp and piezo element sold on e-bay for 5.99 so I bought 5 of these. I have used two already, but I did not cut the element down on those.
    I bought a reso cone from Lowe and I would like to not cover up more of the cone than I have to. That is the reason I would like to try and trim the element down.

Don Goguen said:
    Here is a little more information on the construction of these types of pickups.
    Piezo/CoaxTransducer

In general, it is possible to trim these to size. I suggest taking it a layer at a time with a very sharp razor knife. These pickups themselves are pretty strait forward in build, As long as you use a needed preamp, which you already have, you should be ok.

If this is an expensive pickup and you want to try this experiment on something cheaper, I have seen the piezo elements themselves for 10-12 bucks on Ebay.
  • I tried a piezo disc between two pieces of walnut. I figured that would be the easiest way to do it, but the ribbon transducer has a much fuller sound to it. I will ask him though,he may have a better way to do it than I tried. Thanks for the help
This reply was deleted.