This just popped up on my youtube watch suggestions. 

A different way to make a CBG

Note from Shane:  I've edited Timothy's original post to include the photo above and embedded video.  (Great find, Timothy!.)  There is also an entire tutorial on how to build this guitar at https://www.3x3custom.com/tutorials/making-a-three-string-guitar

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, on the subject of making a mess whilst making a guitar here a couple I have done over the years.

One is a chambered solid body with a hardwood cap on the top. The other a hollowed out body -solid   bodied- resonator guitar. For this I used a bandsaw mainly and the router and then glued a back and top on. The glue lines around the sides were covered with binding and purfling.

136657254?profile=original 136657391?profile=original 136657761?profile=original 136657699?profile=original

taff

• Nice work, Taffy! Do you have a web place where I can see more of it?

• Hi, thanks for the comments guys.

John, if you search taffy evans guitars my Facebook business page should shown up. If not let me know. I do not use it other than for updating project information.  On that site its called the Commodore.

Taff

• as always Taffy, your work amazes me..

• I have a DC Tele that's going to be done like your 1st pic Taffy.

• It looks nice. I like the shape and it sounds good. She obviously didn't have a lot of building experience because she made a few mistakes and she worked harder than she had too, but she did good and learned along the way. Nice playing too.

• I'm in the No Rules camp. If you built it yourself, then we all want to see it (Cigar box, Bed Pan, Lunch Box, Candy Tin, Custom build, et al). I think the site is more about creativity than cigar boxes. Keep those unique builds coming.

135579374?profile=original135579390?profile=original135579401?profile=original

• what happened to "NO RULES" ?
    even CB Gitty sell precut laser cut boxes as CBG kits.
    over half of the guitars i have seen recently are built from made boxes.
    to be blunt the maker calls it a 3 string guitar, i originally posted it because i personally had not seen this style of build before.
    • No rules. Never. That’s why I featured this video. Great find!

• Wow. Totally agree with most of the comments. If only I had those tools, anything would be easy, well at least easier. What a workshop.

This reply was deleted.