I don't always have a chance to get to them. But when I do I can usually come home with a bargain or two. Last night was a good night. Paid $3 for a Ryobi drill. Works! Paid $12 for 329 CDs. Out of all of them I'm keeping 47. That's still .26 a CD. And the best buy of the night 

Paid $15 for it. Got me an equipment mover. Should come in handy this next weekend. Going to get new tires for it today. Even with the new tires it's still way under what it would have cost to buy new.

Paid $15 for 5 bar clamps. Can never have enough clamps. Nice heavy duty ones. Two 12 inch and three 18 inch. 

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nice finds and nice prices.  The sander is a killer find. Saves helluva work.

• Thanks ILL Green. Getting good tools at a great price is always fun. But like anything else knowing the tool's quality is paramount. I was at an auction that was selling two chain saws. Both saws were the very same size. Very same condition. The first saw got bids of $100+. The second saw? The auctioneer couldn't get a $10 bid. So he asked why. Someone in the crowd said, "Because it's a Homelite". Someone eventually paid $5 for it.

If you don't know the tool it's aways best to do a bit of research first. Do a tool or power tool rating search. So if your ever at an auction that's selling choice between two power tools in the very same condition. You get the high bid. The choice is between Ryobi and Bosch. You'll know to choose the Bosch. And you'll know why it's the better choice. Not nocking Ryobi. Get's the job done. I have both a Ryobi and Dewalt drill. They both drill holes. But the difference in the drills is night and day. 

• Anther great auction hall. Got this sweet Rigid belt sander for a whopping $5.

379749382?profile=original

Works great! Already played with it a bit. 

• Nice. You need to make a holder stand for it so you'll have a sanding station.

• ESP????? : ) Making  a stand for it will come after making my fretboard radius jig. A sanding station first. Then a jig for sharpening my drill bits! 

• Scary isn't it. Haha

• It's always best to go to an auction informed. And have a price point your not going to go over when bidding. I'm saying this because i didn't get the tools I was going for. I stopped bidding at my price point. They went for almost double what I can get them off line for. And the guy paying that much for them bought all the sets they had. He could have gone to Lowe's or Home Depot and got them cheaper. Didn't come home empty handed. Got the drill bit set i was hoping to come home with. Have had trouble finding the right holes sizes for some of the guitar tuners I have. They are always between 3/8 and 7/16. This set has, in order, 3/8, 25/64, 13/32, 27/64 and 7/16. Should be no problem drilling the right holes now. And I now have a coffee bean grinder. Perfect for making BBQ rubs. 

• Last weeks auction was a bust. Didn't bother to stay. They decided to move the tools I was looking for to a different date.

Was at an auction last night for five hours. Spent most of that time standing in one spot. After all of that they didn't get to the stuff I was there for. Going to go back tonight. I wasn't charged for one item I got so I'll let them know. Hopefully I won't be there for another five hours to come home empty handed. 

Most of what I got was for other people. The only tools I came home with was a set of Ridgid oxide drill bits. Apparently no one sells this set anymore. Glad i didn't pay that much for em. 

• Gary, mama don't mind me sav'en money on good stuff. : ) 

I'll be going back to the same auction house tonight. They got some tools up for bid. If I can get em cheap I'll bid. There's also one item I'm hoping to come home with as well. I've collected old and antique Christmas stuff for almost 40 years now. They have one piece I don't have. Like everything else it'll have to go cheap. 

• Spent all of your allowance in one night huh. Momma warned you about doing that!

This reply was deleted.