Replies

• Carl, I have not purchased the wood yet. Thanks for the reply.
  • What is the moisture content of the Cherry? If it is 6-9 %, then maintained in a 45-50 % relative humidity environment,  the wood is much more likely to remain stable.

• Thanks ever so much to both of you for the info. I know what to do.
  • Hi again, two things I forgot to mention.
    Be mindful not to over-brace your guitar, that was an early mistake I learned when I first started.

And, I always check the end of my braces into the sides for support or support them as shown in the photo.
    10910793255?profile=RESIZE_710x

10910796874?profile=RESIZE_710x Taff

• Bracing is super easy?

10910659496?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Hi, I just managed to get a photo. On this top it’s just under 2mm it’s Cedar and 1/4 sawn (grain vertical when viewed from the end).

I have reinforcing around the sound holes and one brace, but this can change from top timber type and/or box size.
    10910651289?profile=RESIZE_710x

Cheers Taff

• Click on the members picture icon & it will take you to their page. Once there, you will see a list of things in the upper left corner, under the members name? groups, photos, photo albums, videos, discussions are on the list, click on the one you want to open? 

• Thanks for the reply
  • Hi, not sure sorry. But I had a look myself and could not see any internal pics, and I’m away from my computer with all the photos. I must have showed them in other posts.

Taff

This reply was deleted.