So, a little background.

This summer, I "finished" my first CBG, a 3-string fretless.  It had been something I wanted to do for a long time, and I finally just did it.

I took it along when I visited the Orchard Festival run by the South Westminster Artist Group in September, and got a lot of interest and comments.

Then, I took it to Loveland for the Northern Colorado Mini Maker Faire, and got a lot more interest and comments.

In fact, the organizers of the Boulder Mini Maker Faire, which will be January 31 and February 1, 2015, asked me if I was interested in some kind of jam session or venue.

Hmmm.

Well, at the time, I could only play the chorus of "Wild Thing."  Since then, I have added "Happy Birthday" to my repertoire.

I am not exactly impressive in my playing.

HOWEVER!

I know there are at least a few of us here in Colorado, and some of you villains can actually play.

Is there any interest in some kind of home-made music session in Boulder at this Faire?

-Tommy

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well, now I am committed.

Boulder Mini Maker Faire has accepted my proposal for a jam session.

I intend to start by talking a bit about the history of diddly bows and CBGs, and maybe even nail together a diddly bow during the session, and play around with it. 

I am going to bring an assortment of canjos and diddly bows for people to twang on, and I will pick a simple song to teach, then just get everyone making sounds together.

I would dearly love to have some of our CBG community in Colorado show up for this.  I will post more details when I have them.

This reply was deleted.