Replies

• I have some corian that I used to make a nut on one of my CBG's. It took 3 tries to get it just right. Power tools like a Dremel take off too much material quickly so I recommend hand saws,files and sand paper. It also can break easily so take your time.

• I use Corian or generic equivalent on all my saddles and sometimes nuts too although I mostly use a zero fret now. Easy to work with and sounds good to my ear.
  • I second what Tom says. I usually use bone for the nut and just completed a build using corian instead. I really didn't notice a difference myself and yes, it is easier to work with. I'll be using it more in the future.

• As a bridge, every material offers slightly different acoustic characteristics. A bone bridge will sound a bit different than a maple bridge. By the same token, a metal bridge will sound different than a Corian bridge. I've used all of the above and find that they all will work satisfactorily.

I use Corian for the nut regularly. In that role it works very well. As a bridge, I never found a reason not to use it.

Since you have plenty of Corian on hand, the easiest thing to do is to give it a try and decide for yourself. I think you will find that it is a very usable material for CBG work.

• Will do
This reply was deleted.