I found out until I have surgery on my eyes, "STOP trying to read a ruler!" I pains takenly and as precise as I could be laid out the frets for a 25.5" scale, each time check it (even with dial calipers) I would be off by a football field. Then I borrowed my buddies  guitar laid my aluminum yardstick down and marked "all" neccisary components, took it home laid it down to compare notes. I suck at this! I have the 25.5" scale covered and will have 24's covered when my neighbor gets back from vacation.(has all the CB GITTY templates) the one I need I can't find, it's a one and only time! Is a 30.5" scale fret layout! If anybody has it and willing to share it on a full-size strip of paper, be more than willing to pay postage as well be grateful for your help. Even with a magnifying glass the markings on a ruler are blurry. If you are willing to share pm me and ill give you my address. Thanks

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well Hell's Bells, spent 2 hrs at Office Depot on 3 different printers including one used for blueprints. No luck with fret guide.

• whats wrong? if the nut to 12th fret doesnt measure 15 1/4" then find out what it is for example say it measures 15",then 15.25/15 x100  means you need to print at 101.6% size you would need to pick either 101 or 102.. i would go for the 102 seeing as it is printing small. if the measured is bigger than whats expected then print at 99% or what ever it works out to be. 

• Thanks Tim, I'm so damn frustrated over the whole thing. I called a blueprint printing shop this a.m. and she thinks she can get it for me, if not back to the firewood stack with it. Where were you yesterday? LOL

• Ha Ha! Timothy Hunter you sir are a friggen genius! I tried that on my ole crappy printer and it's dead on the money. Hot damn! Now I can get the stuff off the fire heap. Thank you for the tip, you made my day.

• Well Hell's Bells, spent 2 hrs at Office Depot on 3 different printers including one used for blueprints. No luck with fret guide.

• I always use the fret calc that's here

http://www.gedgreen.co.uk/?page_id=186

What I like is that it's on my PC and will print the scales. I just lay them on the neck and cut through them knowing that I can always print some more with a few clicks.

• These are some great programs. Thanks everyone for the help!

• You're welcome

• http://www.ekips.org/tools/guitar/fretfind2d/

you need to enable flash to see the save buttons but this will calculate any scale inches or mm and if you save the pdf you can print it out , glue it to the neck and cut on the lines..  30.5%20fretboard.pdf

and thats a 30.5 inch scale length already saved and ready to print.. after you print it out double check the printed lines to the measurements listed.  some printers may not print exactly 100%.  

• Thanks Tim, I can go to a print shop and have this printed out. What measurements were you referring to? A 4page fretboard is all I got, but I'll double check. Thank you again.

This reply was deleted.