I need the easiest NON slide (not real fret) 3 or 5 string build (press down with fingers) guitar. whichever side is easiest.. the lid can side with strings or other side. I'm having a hard time understanding the cigar box version from the tin can version and gluing the 1/4 piece of wood. Sorry I re-read my posts and i'm getting mixed up tring to figure it out..I wont be using frets but just not slide version..thank you.

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It does help quite a bit. Thank you
    • as  per    you  question  ,  the neck in the   diagram is one piece      prior  to  adding the   fret    board  .

the neck i describe   later ,  with the bolt on  and tin  tin    is 2 piece  .

• If you have a pic of your wood one like you described please send when you can. Thank you
    • maybe this will  help .     .   ;-)

305943346?profile=original

as  for  the  tin thing ,  i  get   what you are  sayin  ..   most  would   cut out the  neck  ..  some notch the    rim  by  the  neck , and either fold  it  down   or   cut the whole  notch out    .   or even   do  a smaller  neck    just  a few  inches  past the length   of the  box,     and   bolt  a  regular  neck  onto  it  ..   then   they raise the bridge  .

• I see photos of the neck all the way thru wood cigar boxes (lid side) I kinda understand how glueing wood to match the lid height could work. As far as the tin can non lid side I don't understand conceptually because of the rim thats raised on the non lid side. Would I just make an all the way thru neck.. ..then glue a second piece of wood where the neck meets the cans rim height? Hope this post makes sense.
  • No but I have one of them so I can try it.
    • cool  .. then  id  go  with the  wood  one and  use    my advice  above  ..    i  think  you  will  be  plesently  suprized  ..  and  if    you are  puttin a pizo    or a mag pup  in  it  ..  dont worry about   attaching the  lid right  to  the neck .  

• im not sure how to attach the neck? i have had success with the 3 string slide type both cigar box and tin can. Ive done all the way thru neck and almost all the way thru. if i use a tin and make an all the way thru neck... then glue a 1/4 piece of wood where the neck meets the tin (leaving a gap where the neck meets the tin....I should have proper height for a press down with finger guitar? what do i put in the gap? I will review pictures on the site.

• oh  i  thought you were  using the  wood  box  in the picture  . ?

• ive done the wood box slide type with the neck completely on top of the bottom of the box.. Not on the lid side. On the tin can type I've done all the way thru neck and one almost thru neck(got lucky making a tailpiece on that one). So no necks lid side yet
This reply was deleted.