Just a quick demo of my newest build - springy chugger.
That little rhyme in the beginning translates to "Squashed beer cap, bottle of wine and a fat spring." (but hey - the rhyme works in my language :P )
A bit on it:
- old coronas tubes box that was used for several experimental builds - all of them failed, so it has some holes and cracks here and there.
- alder neck from piece of fence
- eyebolt + rosewood scrap bridge
- handound springs from music wire (one 10mm diameter spring from 1mm wire, one about 25 diameter spring from 1.4mm wire)
- another small bolt for nut
- two wood screws acting as a tailpiece.
- two nails as string trees
- two cheapest tuners I have found here.
Extremely fun as there is quite an echo, brilliant harmonics and a lot of scratches appear while it is played so no fake distressing here :D