Homemade pickup winder. Going to start winding my own :-)
It has a speed controlled 1000rpm motor and digital counter. Forward / rev switching for winding clock wise or counter-clock wise.

Views: 98

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Comment by Rooster on March 22, 2021 at 6:18pm
Gary ............... I found that 750rpm's gives me about the best winding, it is easier to control the tension on the wire. So it takes me 12-15 mins on most pickups after I stop a few times to check how the wire is loading on the bobbin.
Comment by Gary W aka Rev. Bluejeans on March 22, 2021 at 5:47pm
So at 1000 rpm, your 8000 turn 1st coil was wound in 8 minutes! (I'm guessing not?...) Looks like a nifty setup!
Comment by Rooster on January 10, 2019 at 10:00pm

Thanks Buggy...….but I bet his is worth a lot more then mine lol.

Comment by BUGGY (C) on January 10, 2019 at 12:09pm

Leo's winder

Yours look much neater than the original ;>)

Comment by BUGGY (C) on January 10, 2019 at 12:08pm

Cool..

Comment by Rooster on January 9, 2019 at 1:31am

Thanks guys. Yeah looked at the one on Stewmac but $399.00 for the kit model seemed silly when I can build the same thing for $60 ;-)

Comment by Paul Craig on January 8, 2019 at 6:13pm

Looks great. I have a old singer sewing machine that I'm going to hack into a pickup winder.

Comment by BrianQ. on January 8, 2019 at 12:51pm

Nice, it reminds me of the old stewmac model?

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Music Theory

Started by John Derrett in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Ian Nolan yesterday. 6 Replies

Completed Builds

Started by ThePracticalPeasant in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Poorness Studios on Monday. 4 Replies

Chords

Started by Mitchell Cutsinger in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Carl Floyd Sep 29. 5 Replies

Blog Posts

Leonard Cohen Life

Posted by Keith Rearick on October 7, 2021 at 11:18am 0 Comments

CBGer’s Lament

Posted by Ghostbuttons on October 3, 2021 at 12:11am 0 Comments

Sasquatch!

Posted by Mark E. Martinsen on September 29, 2021 at 8:39pm 3 Comments

Prototyping with a big ol' wine box

Posted by Ben on September 23, 2021 at 4:00pm 0 Comments

Mr. Bells

Posted by Stephen Cohen on September 4, 2021 at 12:30pm 0 Comments

Latest Activity

jan Pili commented on the anonymous pick's photo
Thumbnail

swamp witch steamworks 5

"hi! what exactly is a swamp witch guitar? I'm new, and have only just finished my first guitar."
31 seconds ago
François commented on the anonymous pick's photo
Thumbnail

Swamp witch guitar for Erik Hedegaard 2

"Hi Pick. I haven't been around much in so long... I really need to get building again."
48 minutes ago
jan Pili commented on Glenn Kaiser's photo
Thumbnail

UrbanCamoCigarboxGitSoftBag

"Alright. Thank you!"
1 hour ago
BrianQ. liked Cigar Box Nation's video
1 hour ago
BrianQ. left a comment for Sammie
"Welcome, check out the Resources tab for build info and join some groups located in the Posts tab?…"
1 hour ago
BrianQ. left a comment for Erik
1 hour ago
BrianQ. left a comment for Thomas Mooney
1 hour ago
Keith Rearick liked Road Rash Roy's video
1 hour ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

Little Bird A. D. Eker 2021

"Hiya Keith ! thanks for that like !"
1 hour ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

Little Bird A. D. Eker 2021

"Thanks AGP# like appriciated !"
1 hour ago
Keith Rearick liked A.D.EKER's video
1 hour ago
Keith Rearick liked Derek Rose's video
1 hour ago

Music

© 2021   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->