I just have to say, this site is so damn much fun. There's always something interesting going on, in addition to the river of information inside. It's impossible to look at CBN for just a few minutes. I actually look forward to it (nearly) everyday. Props to Mr. Speal. I guess I'm a Nationette.

Views: 186

Replies to This Discussion

There are some amazing people here, Susan - so helpful and willing to jump right in when you have a question or even a problem! This site is truly one of the deepest sites that I know of - you can look for days on end and still never run out of new material. There are just so many wonderful contributions here, and yes, this site can be a lot of fun!!!! I almost always have the site open in another tab in my browser so it looks like I am always online here when I am not (since my computer is on 24/7 - I know - my bad...). But I've spent so much time here that the place definitely feels like home! But as of late, I am really trying to watch how much time I spend online because I am trying to focus most of my attention on my builds.... lot of planning to do yet, and lots of work to be done!
Susan, would I have been in trouble with you if I had called you a "Nationette"???? ;-0

Seriously, you are right about the Nation and about Shane. If any new builder/player/or just plain ole' CBG curious person has a question or needs help, they can find it here.

I'm glad that you're here with us.

the best,

Wichita (where it's going to be 0* tonight) Sam
Thanks everyone...but we're just beginning. What if I get the ability to film CBN-TV? I want to have live concert broadcasts in here. Also, there will be monthly contests just like the Spam-Off and I'd also like to eventually create a CBN live tour.

The possibilities are endless...
Damn the torpedoes
Shane
ps. Wait until you see membership increase 10x as we get Songs Inside the Box aired on PBS next year.
Awesome plans, Shane! These would all be great things, but we really do like the site with what we have now!!! It really is a great place to be! And even if the CBN Tv thing doesn't pan out, we still have so much here!!! Thanks for everything that you do!

Shane Speal said:
Thanks everyone...but we're just beginning. What if I get the ability to film CBN-TV? I want to have live concert broadcasts in here. Also, there will be monthly contests just like the Spam-Off and I'd also like to eventually create a CBN live tour.

The possibilities are endless...
Damn the torpedoes
Shane
ps. Wait until you see membership increase 10x as we get Songs Inside the Box aired on PBS next year.
I'm with Lana -- all these things sound wonderful, but even without them, this is a kick-ass site. On the other hand, if these changes come to pass, I'd better practice. I can now play four Christmas carols on my canjo, and I'm working on "Swanee River." But really, Shane, I think we all just sincerely appreciate what you do here.

Lana Rae said:
Awesome plans, Shane! These would all be great things, but we really do like the site with what we have now!!! It really is a great place to be! And even if the CBN Tv thing doesn't pan out, we still have so much here!!! Thanks for everything that you do!

Shane Speal said:
Thanks everyone...but we're just beginning. What if I get the ability to film CBN-TV? I want to have live concert broadcasts in here. Also, there will be monthly contests just like the Spam-Off and I'd also like to eventually create a CBN live tour.

The possibilities are endless...
Damn the torpedoes
Shane
ps. Wait until you see membership increase 10x as we get Songs Inside the Box aired on PBS next year.
Come on now... think BIG! If we could pull off a cool album of Christmas music, surely we can do many other free download albums...more live concerts...a live video stream. Yes, this site is an awesome place, but it's only because of its members. My job is to find more ways of getting your music and artistic creations out there.

THINK BIG (while still keeping the community tight)
-Shane

Susan Hunt said:
I'm with Lana -- all these things sound wonderful, but even without them, this is a kick-ass site. On the other hand, if these changes come to pass, I'd better practice. I can now play four Christmas carols on my canjo, and I'm working on "Swanee River." But really, Shane, I think we all just sincerely appreciate what you do here.
Lana Rae said:
Awesome plans, Shane! These would all be great things, but we really do like the site with what we have now!!! It really is a great place to be! And even if the CBN Tv thing doesn't pan out, we still have so much here!!! Thanks for everything that you do!

Shane Speal said:
Thanks everyone...but we're just beginning. What if I get the ability to film CBN-TV? I want to have live concert broadcasts in here. Also, there will be monthly contests just like the Spam-Off and I'd also like to eventually create a CBN live tour.

The possibilities are endless...
Damn the torpedoes Shane ps. Wait until you see membership increase 10x as we get Songs Inside the Box aired on PBS next year.
Okay, Shane....I am so over the gratitude for our cool little site. I'm thinking BIG now, and ridin' with the King.

Shane Speal said:
Come on now... think BIG! If we could pull off a cool album of Christmas music, surely we can do many other free download albums...more live concerts...a live video stream. Yes, this site is an awesome place, but it's only because of its members. My job is to find more ways of getting your music and artistic creations out there.

THINK BIG (while still keeping the community tight)
-Shane

Susan Hunt said:
I'm with Lana -- all these things sound wonderful, but even without them, this is a kick-ass site. On the other hand, if these changes come to pass, I'd better practice. I can now play four Christmas carols on my canjo, and I'm working on "Swanee River." But really, Shane, I think we all just sincerely appreciate what you do here.
Lana Rae said:
Awesome plans, Shane! These would all be great things, but we really do like the site with what we have now!!! It really is a great place to be! And even if the CBN Tv thing doesn't pan out, we still have so much here!!! Thanks for everything that you do!

Shane Speal said:
Thanks everyone...but we're just beginning. What if I get the ability to film CBN-TV? I want to have live concert broadcasts in here. Also, there will be monthly contests just like the Spam-Off and I'd also like to eventually create a CBN live tour.

The possibilities are endless...
Damn the torpedoes Shane ps. Wait until you see membership increase 10x as we get Songs Inside the Box aired on PBS next year.
Ditto!!!!!

Susan Hunt said:
Okay, Shane....I am so over the gratitude for our cool little site. I'm thinking BIG now, and ridin' with the King.

Shane Speal said:
Come on now... think BIG! If we could pull off a cool album of Christmas music, surely we can do many other free download albums...more live concerts...a live video stream. Yes, this site is an awesome place, but it's only because of its members. My job is to find more ways of getting your music and artistic creations out there.

THINK BIG (while still keeping the community tight)
-Shane

Susan Hunt said:
I'm with Lana -- all these things sound wonderful, but even without them, this is a kick-ass site. On the other hand, if these changes come to pass, I'd better practice. I can now play four Christmas carols on my canjo, and I'm working on "Swanee River." But really, Shane, I think we all just sincerely appreciate what you do here.
Lana Rae said:
Awesome plans, Shane! These would all be great things, but we really do like the site with what we have now!!! It really is a great place to be! And even if the CBN Tv thing doesn't pan out, we still have so much here!!! Thanks for everything that you do!

Shane Speal said:
Thanks everyone...but we're just beginning. What if I get the ability to film CBN-TV? I want to have live concert broadcasts in here. Also, there will be monthly contests just like the Spam-Off and I'd also like to eventually create a CBN live tour.

The possibilities are endless...
Damn the torpedoes Shane ps. Wait until you see membership increase 10x as we get Songs Inside the Box aired on PBS next year.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Discussion Forum

Rave

Started by Susan Hunt. Last reply by Mama Mojo Dec 11, 2009. 8 Replies

Latest Activity

BrianQ. liked Uncle John's photo
7 minutes ago
the anonymous pick commented on the anonymous pick's photo
58 minutes ago
the anonymous pick posted a photo

Swamp cuz

Coulda been yours ...summon yours hereswamp witch guitars .site…
1 hour ago
James Pobog replied to James Pobog's discussion Getting my head around Pentatonic...
"I hope I can learn to play a little. I'm getting arthritis in my hands, left is worst, and…"
1 hour ago
Ernest Gusella commented on Uncle John's video
Thumbnail

Pistol In My Hand ~ original by me.

"Great song Uncle John! You have absorbed all of that blues, folk, country and hee haw stuff and you…"
1 hour ago
BrianQ. replied to James Pobog's discussion Getting my head around Pentatonic...
"That Shane Speal video is vital, cuz he shows just how easy it is to remember & play the Blues…"
2 hours ago
Stub Lee updated their profile
2 hours ago
KOOL DOG HOOCH replied to James Pobog's discussion Getting my head around Pentatonic...
"Keep It Simple Stupid... The best advice for solving problems. Don't over…"
2 hours ago
AGP # commented on Uncle John's photo
Thumbnail

Good ole' Dirty Thirty and soon to be, Nifty Fifty

"Nice UJ, a man can't have too may LPG's, I'm in a bit of an LPG frenzy at the…"
2 hours ago
AGP # liked Uncle John's photo
2 hours ago
AGP # liked Gary O'slide's video
2 hours ago
James Pobog replied to James Pobog's discussion Another wiring question
"What does a 94 sound like?"
2 hours ago

Music

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->