I was watching a YT video and this young gal was playing a little tiny box guitar. She was just kickin' butt and I just had to find out what that guitar was. Needless to say the little guitar was a cigar box and that is how I got here. I bought me a chapter 2 parts kit, a few other things, amp kit and a 4 string kit. Once I get them built I can learn how to play..... Maybe LOL

Views: 58

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome, Myron!

I'm down in Santa Fe and hang out at make santa Fe. There is another cbg fan here and if you're.ever.down this way, stop on by on (usually) a Sunday afternoon. I'm working on uke's now.

Welcome to the addiction. It starts out with one and then you have to build more. 

Be prepared! And by that I mean but lots of parts now, cause you're gonna need them! LOL!

Ramen... I've got about 20 boxes sittin' around, ready to get fitted up!

Hey Myron,

I've just started my addiction recently with 3 cbgs and a diddly bow. I live in Alamogordo, NM. Welcome.

Tony P

Welcome Myron. If you don't learn to play, at least you'll have fun building everything. Haha

You don't have to be a Maestro/Prodigy to play one of these. They are simple and you can play a chord with one finger if it's tuned correctly or use a slide. Best thing is to just have fun.

Thanks for the warm welcome,

Glad to see some NM'ers,,, however lookin at all the names here at CBN. I may have to change my name, like frettin' joe or cigar box joe maybe sawdust joe. But I may already have the addiction, I'm sitting in the garage looking at a sledge hammer handle thinking to myself It's hickory, very straight, 1 5/8" thick 36"'s long. If I rip it down the middle it might make a nice neck if I add a fret board..

Oh well once again Thanks

Lived just north of Socorro for about a month, worked at Kiva RV park. It takes a special breed of people to live in NM and my wife and I weren't them. Took us two weeks to get use to the altitude(3' to 3 k') But had a blast exploring the area. Flea market, shops, Pietown, hot air balloons, etc. Great time! The "#1 RULE" of CBGs is that there aren't any rules! With The exceptions # of #2 The 12th fret is always mid-point between the bridge and nut! #3 Have fun! Once again welcome to the Asylum!

Get that CBG and then check out the lesson knotlenny's CBG 101.  You can search it out or find it at page top under resources/how to play.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Discussion Forum

Hey there

Started by Pim. Last reply by Pim 7 hours ago. 9 Replies

Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Started by Rick Tish. Last reply by Paul Craig on Thursday. 1 Reply

Just sayin' Hey from Abiquiu, NM

Started by Myron Joe Hickel. Last reply by Uncle John Jul 25. 8 Replies

Smokin' Guitars - New Member Introduction

Started by Smokin' Guitars. Last reply by Blues Frog Jul 15. 2 Replies

Hello from Austria

Started by Jonathan Buttazoni. Last reply by Paul Craig Jun 12. 1 Reply

Roller bridge and Peizo pickups

Started by Tim Pannabecker. Last reply by Daniel Walter May 23. 22 Replies

Barking Dog, hosts of 2019 CBG Festival

Started by Barking Dog Arts May 11. 0 Replies

Hola from Albuquerque!

Started by Kaelan Dreyer. Last reply by ILL GREEN May 10. 5 Replies

salut from france .

Started by j-v. Last reply by j-v Apr 3. 6 Replies

Glad to be part of the Nation.

Started by David Pendlebury. Last reply by Tim Pannabecker Jan 26. 4 Replies

Greetings from Down Under!

Started by mitch jones. Last reply by Tony Obermeit Jan 22. 9 Replies

Looking for Acoustic Sound

Started by Rogheff. Last reply by Rogheff Jan 21. 4 Replies

Started by ILL GREEN Nov 22, 2018. 0 Replies

Thanks for recording in the forum

Started by Lothar Ahnert. Last reply by Paul Craig Nov 10, 2018. 1 Reply

My first CBG

Started by Gerald Schwenke. Last reply by Paul Craig Nov 3, 2018. 3 Replies

Hello folks. New guy here.

Started by Bruce Young. Last reply by Joe Caruso Oct 13, 2018. 2 Replies

hello CBG Nation

Started by cbgkent Oct 12, 2018. 0 Replies

Hey!

Started by Mike. Last reply by Kevin McMichael Oct 2, 2018. 8 Replies

Hello from Minnesota!

Started by Matt Schaller. Last reply by Paul Craig Sep 21, 2018. 1 Reply

Blog Posts

Indiana State Fair

Posted by Rick Tish on August 19, 2019 at 7:46pm 0 Comments

Buying in bulk

Posted by Rick Tish on August 17, 2019 at 6:31pm 0 Comments

Shellac

Posted by Rick Tish on August 15, 2019 at 7:08pm 0 Comments

first post

Posted by Rick Tish on August 14, 2019 at 8:23am 0 Comments

Latest Activity

Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner liked Taffy Evans's discussion Its a CBG but not cigar box guitar. new build
9 minutes ago
Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner liked Dave Barrett's discussion Some things I learned from my latest build
13 minutes ago
Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner replied to Dave Barrett's discussion Some things I learned from my latest build
"LOL next time you want to do some blood letting to appease the cbg God's, try peroxide to get…"
14 minutes ago
Taffy Evans replied to Dave Barrett's discussion Some things I learned from my latest build
"Hopefully it only happens once. Taff"
28 minutes ago
Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner replied to Joe Caruso's discussion When will you stop building?
"Is stopping really a thing? When they pry my tools from my cold dead hands!"
37 minutes ago
Dave Lynas posted a video

Midnight on the Water and Grumpy Old Man

Monday Night Music in Duluth. Jim Hall leading our circle on fiddle. Scenes from today’s garden
55 minutes ago
Poorness Studios posted photos
1 hour ago
Joe Caruso replied to Joe Caruso's discussion When will you stop building?
"Sounds good!"
2 hours ago
Glenn Kaiser commented on Glenn Kaiser's photo
Thumbnail

FrankenToid

"Uncle John, it is indeed. Note the input jack placement... that's what happens when I drill…"
2 hours ago
Glenn Kaiser replied to Dave Barrett's discussion Some things I learned from my latest build
"HA! Sweet work and great lessons learned bro! So... what sort of wattage and what size speaker in…"
2 hours ago
Ben Ridgeway replied to Joe Caruso's discussion When will you stop building?
"Must add that my workshop is 100' from the house"
2 hours ago
Ben Ridgeway liked Joe Caruso's discussion When will you stop building?
2 hours ago

Music

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->