G'day all, Mitch here, from sunny (i.e HOT) regional South Ausralia. I've been looking around CBN for a while now so I thought I should join. I'd never heard of cbgs until I googled "how to make a home made ukulele" a couple of years ago. One thing led to another, & here I am! Got a few questions, & pics of my builds, jigs etc, so when I work out how & where to put 'em, I'll get into it! Cheers!

Views: 86

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome aboard Mitch, this is addictive so you have been warned. Haha

There's a few fellow Aussie's on here and I'm sure they will chime in soon. Lots of info, plans, Groups and good talk going on that I'm sure you'll like.

Cheers Paul, looking forward to adding my 2 cents worth here & there! I put up a post of some jigs & tools I use on the Home Made Resonator Boxes group page, then realised its had no activity since early 2017! Oh well, cant hurt to fire it up again! By the way, probably a dumb question, but what's the difference between a "forum" & a "blog"?

Some of the groups don't get much talk unfortunately.  Forum is a place for anyone to post about something related to the subject of that forum and a Blog is more of one person's journal related to something.

Ahh, I get it, Cheers mate!

Gday Cobba I’m in Ho Town good to see another Aussie on board you should check out The infamous AGP# up north in Sunny coast . Have fun with the addiction I’m currently on build #27#28 ....... see what I’m mean addiction plus you get to play heaps of music . Regards Jeff . 

G'day Bones, Haven't got down to the Apple Isle yet, definately on the "one day" list though! Being able to play music on something I made is really something else too! Not sure what the "infamous APG#" is, but it's a long, long way from here! Cheers mate! 

Hey Mitch, I'm from Northern NSW, great to see another Aussie posting here.  If  you are ever in the Northern Rivers area, holler and drop in for a cuppa and a tune..

Tony Obermeit

G'day Tony! Will do mate, need to get out & have a bit of a look around one day! ( Probably when I've retired & get into the grey nomad thing...…..!) Cheers!

Cool. We'll be doing that soon.  Not so much the big lap as the go to every music festival e can find.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Discussion Forum

Kiwi Guitarist

Started by Terry on Monday. 0 Replies

Hola Desde Mexico

Started by Harvey Bernstein Oct 14. 0 Replies

How did I get here?

Started by Tyler Garrett Oct 3. 0 Replies

How did I end up here? ;-)

Started by Simon Benoit. Last reply by Thomas "Duck" Petry Sep 4. 9 Replies

Hey there

Started by Pim. Last reply by Metal hic Aug 20. 10 Replies

Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Started by Rick Tish. Last reply by Paul Craig Aug 14. 1 Reply

Just sayin' Hey from Abiquiu, NM

Started by Myron Joe Hickel. Last reply by Uncle John Jul 25. 8 Replies

Smokin' Guitars - New Member Introduction

Started by Smokin' Guitars. Last reply by Blues Frog Jul 15. 2 Replies

Hello from Austria

Started by Jonathan Buttazoni. Last reply by Paul Craig Jun 12. 1 Reply

Roller bridge and Peizo pickups

Started by Tim Pannabecker. Last reply by Daniel Walter May 23. 22 Replies

Barking Dog, hosts of 2019 CBG Festival

Started by Barking Dog Arts May 11. 0 Replies

Hola from Albuquerque!

Started by Kaelan Dreyer. Last reply by ILL GREEN May 10. 5 Replies

salut from france .

Started by j-v. Last reply by j-v Apr 3. 6 Replies

Glad to be part of the Nation.

Started by David Pendlebury. Last reply by Tim Pannabecker Jan 26. 4 Replies

Greetings from Down Under!

Started by mitch jones. Last reply by Tony Obermeit Jan 22. 9 Replies

Looking for Acoustic Sound

Started by Rogheff. Last reply by Rogheff Jan 21. 4 Replies

Started by ILL GREEN Nov 22, 2018. 0 Replies

Thanks for recording in the forum

Started by Lothar Ahnert. Last reply by Paul Craig Nov 10, 2018. 1 Reply

My first CBG

Started by Gerald Schwenke. Last reply by Paul Craig Nov 3, 2018. 3 Replies

Latest Activity

Taffy Evans replied to Brent Kasl's discussion three pole pu
"Hi again Brent,  I see that I did not see your photo or answer your question fully. To make a…"
18 minutes ago
Joe Nanzer posted a status
21 minutes ago
"Music I’ve been working on. The song whiskey save my soul by written by Ray Hall and performed our acoustic duo the fantastics features..."
23 minutes ago
"What’s everyone been up to? Hope all is well! I’ve been in the middle of a bunch of different projects lately. I’m posting links of......"
24 minutes ago
Craig W.Solomon posted a blog post

Tupelo Tenor kit

Hi, all, recently finished  gitty 4string kit, used the shorter banjo kit bridge, filed it down…See More
25 minutes ago
Taffy Evans replied to Robbie's discussion Aluminum Tailpiece good ground?
"Hi Robbie, the better the contact the bridge has with the top the better the response. One would…"
37 minutes ago
37 minutes ago
Clarky commented on Clarky's video
43 minutes ago
Clarky commented on Clarky's video
43 minutes ago
James Pobog added a discussion to the group Radios turned Guitar Amps
Thumbnail

Zenith C845

Just got one, and hoping to figure how to use it for an amp.Switched RCA plug, 'radio' and 'phono'.…See More
44 minutes ago
P.E.Palfreyman updated their profile
1 hour ago
Doc Helliday posted a discussion

Thoughts on the Wickedbucker?

Any of y'all have any experience or can recommend the Wickedbucker for a Reso biscuit style?I'm…See More
1 hour ago

Music

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->