My congregation is trying to engage the 20 and 30-somethings in conversation about God. This group is mostly absent from Church. I would like to hear from you if you have insight about why you're not interested in "Church". If you under 40, I especially want to hear from you....

Views: 207

Replies to This Discussion

where do you want to meet?

Shane Speal said:
I can't move to Kansas...and I have a call of my own to work on. However, if you'd like to spend a little time together in chat every morning as a bible study/devotional, I could really use that right now.

shane
Wow, cool!

I'm spending some devotional time every morning between 9am-10:15 (which would be 8:00-9:15 in your time zone). If that time is ok (or if you have another time period in mind) we could meet in the Nation chat room - there's an option for private chat.

Quite honestly, I'd personally like to hear some of the things that inspired you to pastor a church. I need some leadership inspiration myself!
shane

Wichita Sam said:
where do you want to meet?

Shane Speal said:
I can't move to Kansas...and I have a call of my own to work on. However, if you'd like to spend a little time together in chat every morning as a bible study/devotional, I could really use that right now.

shane
OK,

Can we start this Friday? I have a Men's breakfast tomorrow at 8:00a I'll meet you there and we can drop into a side room.

blessings,

Sam



Shane Speal said:
Wow, cool!

I'm spending some devotional time every morning between 9am-10:15 (which would be 8:00-9:15 in your time zone). If that time is ok (or if you have another time period in mind) we could meet in the Nation chat room - there's an option for private chat.

Quite honestly, I'd personally like to hear some of the things that inspired you to pastor a church. I need some leadership inspiration myself!
shane

Wichita Sam said:
where do you want to meet?

Shane Speal said:
I can't move to Kansas...and I have a call of my own to work on. However, if you'd like to spend a little time together in chat every morning as a bible study/devotional, I could really use that right now.

shane
that would be awesome

Wichita Sam said:
OK,

Can we start this Friday? I have a Men's breakfast tomorrow at 8:00a I'll meet you there and we can drop into a side room.

blessings,

Sam



Shane Speal said:
Wow, cool!

I'm spending some devotional time every morning between 9am-10:15 (which would be 8:00-9:15 in your time zone). If that time is ok (or if you have another time period in mind) we could meet in the Nation chat room - there's an option for private chat.

Quite honestly, I'd personally like to hear some of the things that inspired you to pastor a church. I need some leadership inspiration myself!
shane

Wichita Sam said:
where do you want to meet?

Shane Speal said:
I can't move to Kansas...and I have a call of my own to work on. However, if you'd like to spend a little time together in chat every morning as a bible study/devotional, I could really use that right now.

shane
Sam, hope you still wanna chat in the morning. I'm gonna need your advice on some spiritual things... Lots of shake-up lately.

Monday morning?
absolutely,,,,, 8 my time, 9 yours....

Shane Speal said:
Sam, hope you still wanna chat in the morning. I'm gonna need your advice on some spiritual things... Lots of shake-up lately.

Monday morning?
Thanks...big time.

Wichita Sam said:
absolutely,,,,, 8 my time, 9 yours....

Shane Speal said:
Sam, hope you still wanna chat in the morning. I'm gonna need your advice on some spiritual things... Lots of shake-up lately.

Monday morning?
Sam-

I appreciate your interest in this dilemma of reaching the 20 & 30 somethings. I grew up in a church going family but strayed far, far away in my late teens through my early 30's. There are 2 reasons why I feel I strayed:

1. I was making bad choices and knew it. The last thing I wanted to hear was what I was doing wrong. (I already knew but chose to do it anyway). Too much of don't do this...don't do that. There was not enough preaching on God's forgiveness and having a personal relationship with Him.
2. I witnessed too many so called Christians (family members included) living the Christian life on Sunday but the rest of the week were living like non-Christians. This really turned me off to the whole Church thing.

One time in my early 30's I actually stole a Bible from a hotel room when I was on a business trip (thanks Gideons!) I started reading it and figured things out for myself (with the help of the Holy Spirit). I now look at Church in a whole new way. Nobody is perfect and thankfully God unconditionally forgives those imperfections.
Shane, Sorry about this morning.... I was sleeping off a full weekend... call or email me and we'll set something up....

Sam

Scott said:
Sam-

I appreciate your interest in this dilemma of reaching the 20 & 30 somethings. I grew up in a church going family but strayed far, far away in my late teens through my early 30's. There are 2 reasons why I feel I strayed:

1. I was making bad choices and knew it. The last thing I wanted to hear was what I was doing wrong. (I already knew but chose to do it anyway). Too much of don't do this...don't do that. There was not enough preaching on God's forgiveness and having a personal relationship with Him.
2. I witnessed too many so called Christians (family members included) living the Christian life on Sunday but the rest of the week were living like non-Christians. This really turned me off to the whole Church thing.

One time in my early 30's I actually stole a Bible from a hotel room when I was on a business trip (thanks Gideons!) I started reading it and figured things out for myself (with the help of the Holy Spirit). I now look at Church in a whole new way. Nobody is perfect and thankfully God unconditionally forgives those imperfections.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources


Discussion Forum

We all like to share

Started by Lenny Henderson Mar 19, 2019. 0 Replies

How He Loves - chords

Started by Kirk. Last reply by Alan Hergert Jan 26, 2018. 5 Replies

Worship Set

Started by Alan Hergert. Last reply by Alan Hergert Jan 19, 2018. 12 Replies

Just found out my Dad's died and feel prayers couldn't hurt.

Started by Slow Blues Dani & Ol' Grey Bear. Last reply by Slow Blues Dani & Ol' Grey Bear Oct 22, 2017. 10 Replies

Prayer Request

Started by Alan Hergert. Last reply by 3 String Blues Jul 18, 2017. 7 Replies

Prayer for Friends Husband

Started by Walter Haapapuro. Last reply by Walter Haapapuro Mar 20, 2017. 2 Replies

Witchita Sam injured

Started by Dan Sleep. Last reply by Wichita Sam Mar 8, 2016. 5 Replies

Redeemed

Started by Alan Hergert. Last reply by Alan Hergert Feb 10, 2016. 3 Replies

Wounded Warrior Pvt. Luke Wedgeworth

Started by Jeff "Sweet T" Tinsley. Last reply by Truth Instruments Apr 18, 2015. 3 Replies

A song for Easter

Started by Wyndham Dennison Apr 12, 2011. 0 Replies

CBG songs

Started by Michael Wayne Bragg Jun 28, 2010. 0 Replies

WHat are doing for Haitian Relief?

Started by Wichita Sam. Last reply by Wichita Sam Apr 19, 2010. 8 Replies

Personal Christmas Traditions

Started by Wichita Sam. Last reply by David Alan Stevens Dec 28, 2009. 2 Replies

Priorities, priorities, priorities

Started by Wichita Sam. Last reply by David Alan Stevens Dec 11, 2009. 2 Replies

Lay My "Burdens" Down

Started by Wichita Sam. Last reply by Kevin Sprague (Knotlenny) Oct 15, 2009. 6 Replies

What's Wrong with Church???

Started by Wichita Sam. Last reply by Wichita Sam Sep 14, 2009. 33 Replies

IRON 8 and "Destined to Sin?"

Started by Kevin M. Kraft. Last reply by Kevin M. Kraft Sep 11, 2009. 12 Replies

Where in your life is it hardest to be "Christian"?

Started by Wichita Sam. Last reply by OLD HORSE May 23, 2009. 23 Replies

What's Your Big Dream for 2009

Started by Wichita Sam. Last reply by Jawbone Jan 11, 2009. 8 Replies

Blog Posts

Leonard Cohen Life

Posted by Keith Rearick on October 7, 2021 at 11:18am 0 Comments

CBGer’s Lament

Posted by Ghostbuttons on October 3, 2021 at 12:11am 0 Comments

Sasquatch!

Posted by Mark E. Martinsen on September 29, 2021 at 8:39pm 3 Comments

Prototyping with a big ol' wine box

Posted by Ben on September 23, 2021 at 4:00pm 0 Comments

Mr. Bells

Posted by Stephen Cohen on September 4, 2021 at 12:30pm 0 Comments

Latest Activity

the anonymous pick commented on T-Gripped's photo
Thumbnail

NC Trailer LPG

"cool.  ,, cudda done an NC plate guit.. with the trailor plate as the amp   in tow ;-)"
6 hours ago
Derek Rose commented on Derek Rose's video
7 hours ago
Uncle John commented on T-Gripped's photo
Thumbnail

NC Trailer LPG

"Thanks, T.  I watched that link and more.  Del can do a lot with that fretting.  I…"
7 hours ago
BrianQ. liked BUGGY (C)'s video
7 hours ago
BrianQ. commented on BUGGY (C)'s video
Thumbnail

Jaming the Bug

"Great visuals as usual buggy :)"
7 hours ago
Lappy liked Lappy's photo
8 hours ago
Carl Floyd replied to Michael Myers's discussion Licence plates
"Ha.  I have more than few TN plates.  "
9 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

RhineStone Cowboy's W. Laurence - A. D. Eker 2021

"Thanks Keith ! Much appriciated !"
9 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

RhineStone Cowboy's W. Laurence - A. D. Eker 2021

"i get it there are lines in that song that apeal  to you aswell, cant miss it Kale it runs…"
9 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

RhineStone Cowboy's W. Laurence - A. D. Eker 2021

"Thanks Uncle J ! is he still alive? clothes like that are only on sale for load of money, but that…"
9 hours ago
AGP # liked BUGGY (C)'s video
10 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked BUGGY (C)'s video
10 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2021   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->