Heres link to that amp:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Low-Voltage-Audio-Mono-Amplifier-Module-NJM...

Have not tested yet...

Views: 2138

Replies to This Discussion

Good little amp. No tone control, no LED (I rigged one without much trouble) Two internal gain settings (jumper), I used high & a 4" Realistic speaker, old ('91) faded & crappy looking but not torn or busted and got a cool very overdriven tube amp sound out of it (almost fuzz, but not quite). Decent volume for a Cigar Box amp. I paid $8.40 for mine. You can get it in a kit for around $5 or $6 from qkits.com in Canada. They have all kinds of neat stuff. Check them out, I just ordered a bunch of kits from them.

ps: They have most kits assembled for a couple of bucks more. Also, their prices are in US dollars & shipping is resonable.

Shipping from States/Canada to Finland is now quite expensive...From China its free. If I send amp like that to China shipping is about 15-20 usd so China products are to us like free :)

I've made a few LM386 amps from scratch...hand soldered components...and they are great. Two items of importance: First, when choosing a box to house the amp and speaker, being able to easily open/close lid makes for an added effect (open=clean sound...closed=overdrive or fuzzy sound...Second, the LM386 circuit is best suited for an 8ohm speaker with a small magnet...larger magnets will drain the 9 volt battery in a flash. Of course you can set it up with an ac/dc adapter (wallwart), but even though the LM386 circuit works on 4-12volts, it sounds best in the 9v range.

In either case, their lots of fun, portable, and go great with cbg's.

I've been recasing these lately, using an upgraded speaker and adapting it to run on either a 9V or wall wart:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270809650314?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_...

4 watts of power, comes with a 6' cord.  I find the gain to be unusable but am reseaching how I might modify it to get cleaner sound.  The seller will bundle shipping also.  I bought 4 and the shipping was only about $13 and change, so my total cost was @11 each.

Didn't know you were a Finlander. Keep looking you can fing them on E-Bay for $8.40 (free shipping). Good luck.

Janne 63 said:

Shipping from States/Canada to Finland is now quite expensive...From China its free. If I send amp like that to China shipping is about 15-20 usd so China products are to us like free :)

Hey Hal, looks like a First Act amp that takes 2 9v batteries. Trying to figure out what do with the one I have. Where did you get that cool looking grill thing. Very nice decals, I finally got mine to print.
Hal "PairsNPaint" Spalter said:

I've been recasing these lately, using an upgraded speaker and adapting it to run on either a 9V or wall wart:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270809650314?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_...

4 watts of power, comes with a 6' cord.  I find the gain to be unusable but am reseaching how I might modify it to get cleaner sound.  The seller will bundle shipping also.  I bought 4 and the shipping was only about $13 and change, so my total cost was @11 each.

Acid cigar boxes work great for amps.You can use the hinged cover as tilt back legs.

Scott aka Farmer Ted said:

I've made a few LM386 amps from scratch...hand soldered components...and they are great. Two items of importance: First, when choosing a box to house the amp and speaker, being able to easily open/close lid makes for an added effect (open=clean sound...closed=overdrive or fuzzy sound...Second, the LM386 circuit is best suited for an 8ohm speaker with a small magnet...larger magnets will drain the 9 volt battery in a flash. Of course you can set it up with an ac/dc adapter (wallwart), but even though the LM386 circuit works on 4-12volts, it sounds best in the 9v range.

In either case, their lots of fun, portable, and go great with cbg's.

Bob Lumpkin said:

Hey Hal, looks like a First Act amp that takes 2 9v batteries. Trying to figure out what do with the one I have. Where did you get that cool looking grill thing. Very nice decals, I finally got mine to print.

Hey Bob -

The First Act amp gets along great with just a single 9V.  The grill is a piece of perforated aluminum you can get at Home Depot @ ~ $20 for a 12" x 24" sheet.  Thanks re the decals. I've been having mixed success with them.

I ordered e few of those modules and made a little (11x11x13 cm) amp with one, it works like a charm. I also bought an amp from the bay with dual input that uses two of these modules, the modules are looped and connected to one 8 ohm 5 watt speaker. even though I can eke em cheaper myself the one I bought looks great and i love it. it is a definite plus that the modules are dirt cheap, and shipping took about one and a half week from china to the Netherlands.

Edit:

I almost forgot, I also bought this kit to test.

Ebay TDA2003 /TDA2002 kit

Haven't asambled it yet but will put some results here when I have.

the kiddie guitars you see at goodwill / salvation army usually have a 386 amp on a seperate board . i got 2 of these this week , a dollar each . the barbie one had an echo circuit , a pt2399 chip , and an lm386 . i cut the timing and feedback resistors out , spliced in pots , housed it in a mini cigar box with in / out / power jack . right now its on my bench runnin along with my mp3's other speakers . i got some boston acoustics for 50 cents toady so those are running thru a kenwood delay / surround processor . i got an altec lansing sub for 3 bucks last week , so my bench has "5.1" sound system now !!!

you have to tweak the delay for each song , some tunes like real short ambient reverb , but for pink floyd the long echos work very well ... 

the second guitar had an lm386 amp on a tiny board , i rehoused it in this little tin with 1/4 inch and rca jacks . i figure i will use it on my bench , instead of grabbing something large / important . you never know when mr reverse polarity will show up ... 

Just got my example in the mail yesterday. Hooked it up no problem. It sounds good when I use my regular guitar, but when I use either of my piezo equipped CBG I get a rapid succession of clicks. I've tried reversing the connections from the input jack to no avail. Any ideas?

The first batch of these I bought worked fine. I bought three more a couple of weeks ago & every one had problems. Two had stiff, very scratchy pots & the other didn't work at all. Cleaning the pots didn't help so I'll stick with the kits I've been getting from Q-Kits, a little more work but better & cheaper.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Discussion Forum

Ruby Amp

Started by BrianQ.. Last reply by BrianQ. May 18, 2020. 6 Replies

Smokin' amp (literally)

Started by James Conder. Last reply by James Conder Aug 27, 2019. 4 Replies

Simple Headphone/Practice Amp

Started by BrianQ. May 16, 2019. 0 Replies

Problem with second-hand amp.

Started by Arthur Payne Mar 31, 2019. 0 Replies

Artec Amp Help!

Started by Jesse Lively Sep 10, 2017. 0 Replies

LM386 N-4

Started by Denis U. Last reply by Richard Haas Dec 3, 2016. 4 Replies

History Mystery--Orrtronic Tube Amplifier project

Started by Scott aka Farmer Ted Nov 17, 2016. 0 Replies

Dual IM386 Chip amp

Started by Paul Craig. Last reply by Paul Craig Nov 3, 2016. 31 Replies

Amp Speakers

Started by Primitive Acoustics. Last reply by Primitive Acoustics Mar 9, 2016. 3 Replies

Grounding for Cigar Box Amps: Chassis Ground?

Started by Erik Bell. Last reply by Scott aka Farmer Ted Dec 20, 2015. 4 Replies

Neat amp components

Started by Surly. Last reply by Alan Steeg Oct 27, 2015. 1 Reply

can a dab radio be turned into an amp

Started by Coventry Halfpenny guitars. Last reply by Pickedmoor Jon Oct 20, 2015. 3 Replies

SDA-T Questions

Started by alectron. Last reply by Zac Ray Sep 2, 2015. 10 Replies

HI - New guy & And speaker question

Started by Henry S. Last reply by Henry S Mar 25, 2015. 4 Replies

Are Pre-fabbed LM386 Moduals Worth Trying?

Started by Scott W. Last reply by Henry S Mar 24, 2015. 6 Replies

Powered sub to amp ??

Started by wormil. Last reply by wormil Sep 2, 2014. 2 Replies

Amp and speaker INSIDE the guitar?

Started by Greg Potts. Last reply by Ron "Oily" Sprague Jul 1, 2014. 1 Reply

trying to hack an old valve radio, into a guitar amp,

Started by GARAGE HERMIT. Last reply by GARAGE HERMIT Apr 29, 2014. 108 Replies

Best mini amp KITS

Started by MichaelS Country Boy Guitars. Last reply by Henrik Johansson Mar 10, 2014. 34 Replies

amp wiring help

Started by HarleyTodd. Last reply by Bernie Mango Feb 26, 2014. 18 Replies

Latest Activity

J. D. Woods replied to Nomad Jack's discussion Busking Songs...
4 hours ago
AGP # liked A.D.EKER's video
4 hours ago
AGP # liked 3 String Blues's video
4 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on 3 String Blues's video
Thumbnail

Delta Blues - The most beautiful sound in the world

"a crying Mermaid ! by a weeping Willow! Nice Red Dog !"
5 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

Up the Hill A D Eker 2024

"  My Trusted steed , Hungree and ready to Rumble!"
5 hours ago
A.D.EKER posted a video

Up the Hill A D Eker 2024

In live the tendency is to go Up! rise above go higher and higher, is this a fore filling way to go , cause when you cant go any higher, then there is on...
5 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

The Blues riff a Tutorial BCB 2024

"Thanks Keith ! glad you Did ! Appreciated !"
5 hours ago
Glenn Kaiser commented on Glenn Kaiser's video
Thumbnail

GK less Paul Diddley Bow

"Kind of you Ray! Now ya gotta check them glasses prescription bro... ha ha! -Glenn"
6 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked 3 String Blues's video
7 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Glenn Kaiser's video
7 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Doug Thorsvik's video
7 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Poorness Studios's video
7 hours ago

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->