Has anyone tried tuning to an E power chord with the 1,2, and 6 string.  Skipping an octave might give an interesting sound.  I'm thinking of trying it, but I am looking for feedback first.

Views: 236

Replies to This Discussion

Anything goes so long as the neck of the guitar can take the strain from the strings.

I play a 4 string and use the ADGB strings tuned GDgB and I some times pluck the low G and the B strings with thumb and pointer finger at the same time by pulling back, while barring the frets at any location to get an interesting sound that I think is similar to what you are describing....

on a 3 string use low E A d strings tune the d up to e. so you got (EBe) or just switch the d for a high e kinda like a dulcimer. on 4 string you can use the 6th E 5th A 4th D and 2nd b strings EAdb but tune the d to e and use the b so you got (EBeb). other variations are posable if your interested  but thats like a E power chord. i tune 1 cbg to (DAda) down a full step its like 2 power chords low and high love that tuning ya Professor watch for neck bow with thin necks use a lighter string set or tune down.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Discussion Forum

String selection for DAD tuning

Started by steve buckingham. Last reply by Ice Bob Jul 16, 2014. 7 Replies

5 string tuning

Started by Cin wel. Last reply by Cin wel Jun 21, 2013. 3 Replies

Chords

Started by Mark Bliss. Last reply by Harry A James Apr 25, 2013. 8 Replies

E5 with 1,2,6 Strings

Started by Dr. Dave. Last reply by Ice Bob Aug 10, 2012. 3 Replies

GDG

Started by Mal Chilvers. Last reply by Swamp Dawg Primal Music Jun 12, 2012. 3 Replies

Help with Key Please

Started by Little Soul Eric. Last reply by Little Soul Eric Oct 25, 2011. 4 Replies

GDG

Started by Mal Chilvers. Last reply by Ice Bob Apr 21, 2011. 1 Reply

G Maj.

Started by Mark Bliss. Last reply by Ice Bob Jan 24, 2011. 1 Reply

Latest Activity

Keith Rearick liked A.D.EKER's video
48 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked Ghostbuttons's photo
52 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked Randy S. Bretz's photo
53 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked Crazed Fandango's photo
53 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked J. D. Woods's discussion Are metal frets necessary?
1 hour ago
BrianQ. posted a status
"R.I.P. Dickey Betts, Thanx for the memories!!!"
1 hour ago
BrianQ. replied to Rich Butters's discussion UK - Best Place to Buy Cigar Box's
"Ever heard of The Godfather of cigarbox guitars? He has a one stop shop store complete with all the…"
1 hour ago
BrianQ. replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Are metal frets necessary?
"Here’s a video, if you’re not into lengthy reads? …"
1 hour ago
T-Gripped liked Ghostbuttons's photo
1 hour ago
T-Gripped commented on Crazed Fandango's photo
Thumbnail

Frethound 4 String

"Cool shot with those wildflowers in the background and your wonderful instrument leaning against…"
1 hour ago
T-Gripped liked Randy S. Bretz's photo
1 hour ago
T-Gripped commented on Randy S. Bretz's photo
Thumbnail

Off the Bench !

"Yowzers! Awesome!!"
1 hour ago

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->