Hi guys I am a complete beginner and have been watching on you tube 3 stringed cigar box guitar for dummies,the tuning is GDG what strings should be used for that tuning as when I slide to the 12 fret my sound is completely different to that on the video .I am using the three lighter stings from a light set????Mal

Views: 165

Replies to This Discussion

try the bass A string tune it down to G. then you can put the D string on tune it to D then the G string tune it to G.  like a 44 a 30 and a 18 for a heavy set for a light set just use the  a d and b strings

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Discussion Forum

String selection for DAD tuning

Started by steve buckingham. Last reply by Ice Bob Jul 16, 2014. 7 Replies

5 string tuning

Started by Cin wel. Last reply by Cin wel Jun 21, 2013. 3 Replies

Chords

Started by Mark Bliss. Last reply by Harry A James Apr 25, 2013. 8 Replies

E5 with 1,2,6 Strings

Started by Dr. Dave. Last reply by Ice Bob Aug 10, 2012. 3 Replies

GDG

Started by Mal Chilvers. Last reply by Swamp Dawg Primal Music Jun 12, 2012. 3 Replies

Help with Key Please

Started by Soulcatcher & His DooFa Diddley. Last reply by Soulcatcher & His DooFa Diddley Oct 25, 2011. 4 Replies

GDG

Started by Mal Chilvers. Last reply by Ice Bob Apr 21, 2011. 1 Reply

G Maj.

Started by Mark Bliss. Last reply by Ice Bob Jan 24, 2011. 1 Reply

Blog Posts

Dual lap steel

Posted by Ron Lutz on January 9, 2020 at 2:42pm 2 Comments

My 3 Gitty Kits

Posted by Poorness Studios on January 8, 2020 at 9:20am 2 Comments

My CBG details

Posted by Paul scofield on January 1, 2020 at 9:22am 2 Comments

Latest Activity

Clarky commented on Clarky's video
4 minutes ago
Andries D. EKER commented on Poorness Studios's video
Thumbnail

Monkey Wrench on CBG

"kale Having a blast ! does needs a bigger speaker tho !  now i get the meaning of the song !…"
17 minutes ago
Andries D. EKER commented on Andries D. EKER's video
28 minutes ago
Andries D. EKER posted a video

Blackface Boegie A D Eker 2020

A song about the early day's of Blackface Minstrals, no to redicule or mistaminor but to reconize as a start that was the inspiration of Blues and the Genera...
29 minutes ago
Poorness Studios liked Miku's photo
36 minutes ago
Poorness Studios liked Andries D. EKER's video
41 minutes ago
Randy S. Bretz commented on Randy S. Bretz's photo
Thumbnail

More work on the cherry 1 piecer

"3/8" x 18" carbon fiber rod goes into the neck-body. Want to keep the neck true, and to…"
46 minutes ago
Randy S. Bretz posted a photo

More work on the cherry 1 piecer

Figured the best way to show it is a one piece build..double cutaways.
51 minutes ago
Poorness Studios posted a video

Monkey Wrench on CBG

Another CBG cover on a Sunday morning. This a fun song to scream out and play all downstrokes, but I decided to try to mellow it out a little and make it a l...
1 hour ago
Andries D. EKER commented on Uncle John's video
Thumbnail

Sunday AM Gospel~ When That Train Comes Along.

"Nice One UJ ! rail runner ! for sure ! even for a Sunday !"
1 hour ago
Andries D. EKER commented on Dave Lynas's video
Thumbnail

Queen of the Rails

"Great Pants Dave !! harmony Lynas Boys !Nothing like riding the rails !!"
1 hour ago
Andries D. EKER commented on AGP #'s video
Thumbnail

''Trouble In Mind''

"Great way to do a hubcap AGP#  looking and sounding  real fine ! That one in the back is…"
1 hour ago

Music

Loading…

© 2020   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->