Hello all

Inspired by Seasick Steve and then all the great Utube clips online, I wondered if anyone can give me any pointers on how/where to go about buying a 3 or 4 string CBG?

thanks in advance for any help you can give! :)

Itching to learn to play one!

Dylan in Dundee, Scotland.

Views: 554

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ps.. I was thinking a fretted one perhaps :)
Randy Rooster here on this site has some for sale, he is in Scotland also.

http://www.cigarboxnation.com/profile/RandyRoosterGuitars

Dylan Drummond said:
ps.. I was thinking a fretted one perhaps :)
thanks Mortimer - I have send him a message now :)
Thanks Mort :o)
Yep, we're virtually neighbours!
I certainly have a whole heap of them in stock Dylan - maybe if youre up this way you'd like to drop by and have a play on a few? Whether you buy one from me, or someone else, or even if you decide to build one yourself, youll no doubt have a heap of questions!

Fair warning though - its addictive!
Ha Randy or JuJu can't get much better than those 2 even if you come to Texas !
Hello!
I've sent my Cigfiddles all over the world. I can send one to Scotland as well. I have 4 string, 8 string and resonators as well. they start at $400.00 and the 8 strings are $50.00 more. My "Resofiddles" Are $600.00 and up. they are fretted and work great acoustic or electric. Check out my websight, barattoguitars.com. Thank You!
Sincerely,
Matty B

Hey Matty - I love your work and that of Alain Johannes - I was wondering if you still sell online as your site seems to be down?

Thanks Lowe - that's reassuring! :)
Thanks Matty - I'm going to start out with something a little cheaper for now though. I do appreciate you gettign in touch though! I'll be checking out your page later anyway for sure.
Matty, just to also say that I found your website awesome! It got really my inpisred at the beginning of a day researching this style and led me to this site too! Rest assured, if I take to the instrument and want a classy looking replacement down the line, you're place will be there in 'dream' shops!

Thanks for being an inspiration.
Texas - whos in Texas Lowe?? ;o) hehe
Yup, I emailed Dylan and directed him to Jujus page too, and I believe he also had a chat to ChickenBone John, so hes got some choice now!

Old Lowe said:
Ha Randy or JuJu can't get much better than those 2 even if you come to Texas !
Hi Dylan - I live in Peterhead and work in Aberdeen so I'm just up the road from you , I make guitars of all sizes so I'm sure i can sort some thing out for you.
I have a couple of fretted ones available at the moment - drop me a line and let me know what your loking for

Ponkster

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

built-in reverb

Started by JOHN POMEROY in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by David L. 2 hours ago. 5 Replies

Screw Inlays

Started by Brent Kasl in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner 3 hours ago. 3 Replies

Peloton Bike

Started by Grace Acebedo in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Grace Acebedo yesterday. 6 Replies

Holding the CBG

Started by Jack Brady in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner yesterday. 4 Replies

Logo using tracing paper

Started by Titch the Clown in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner on Wednesday. 1 Reply

Help Tuning

Started by Joan Pace in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Cause the Blue rat on Sunday. 3 Replies

Blog Posts

My mistake at the markets

Posted by Rick Tish on August 22, 2019 at 9:27am 1 Comment

Indiana State Fair

Posted by Rick Tish on August 19, 2019 at 7:46pm 1 Comment

Buying in bulk

Posted by Rick Tish on August 17, 2019 at 6:31pm 3 Comments

Shellac

Posted by Rick Tish on August 15, 2019 at 7:00pm 1 Comment

Latest Activity

Denny commented on Dennis "Denbo" Goodinson's video
35 minutes ago
Denny liked Dennis "Denbo" Goodinson's video
35 minutes ago
Denny liked Rick Tish's video
39 minutes ago
Lonman replied to Tom T's discussion 67% Les Paul Tribute
"very cool. nice job on that tribute"
1 hour ago
RTZGUITARS posted a video
1 hour ago
BrianQ. liked Uncle John's video
1 hour ago
BrianQ. commented on Uncle John's video
Thumbnail

Frankie & Johnny

"From the master of the ol’ timey ballads, another masterpiece! Love how that Iowa saxophone…"
1 hour ago
David L. replied to JOHN POMEROY's discussion built-in reverb
"Hi John, I started collecting the parts to make my son a battery amplifier with a reverb function.…"
2 hours ago
Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner replied to Brent Kasl's discussion Screw Inlays
"I do know how to speak English! For the loose fitting holes, use a toothpick and a dab of glue to…"
3 hours ago
Titch the Clown liked Taffy Evans's discussion Its a CBG but not cigar box guitar. new build
4 hours ago
Titch the Clown replied to JOHN POMEROY's discussion built-in reverb
"I do remember a short fad a few tears ago for sympathetic resonator builds sparked by an old uke…"
4 hours ago
Taffy Evans replied to Brent Kasl's discussion Screw Inlays
"Hi Brent, the way I would do it is to countersink by hand, let the screw embed itself into the hole…"
5 hours ago

Music

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->