This could be git related or not. So, what's on your workbench at the moment?

I have 4 scarf joint necks in different stages of work.

A 25" scale pine 5 string neck for a Banjo-Res, A 25" scale Red Oak neck for my 6 string Strat-Res build, A 24 & 1/2" scale Red Oak neck for my 6 string Double Cut Tele build and a 27" scale 6 string Baritone Conversion neck for a Modern Strat body I have.

Views: 30915

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a 15" speaker in need of a cabinet and I had a Peavey Bass Drum shell sitting in a corner collecting dust, so made it into my new speaker cabinet.

It has a 1/4" mono jack and 2 push pins for wire hookups on the back.

The front pic is a little blurry.

one of these days I'll get around to cleaning out my shop. Haha

In the back ground right, you can see the Cedar panels I'm going to use to make my semi-hollow Strat. When I get a round tuit.

Made a pickguard for my Strat-O-Rez guitar, wired it and installed it.

Has a 5-way switch: 1.Piezo - 2. Piezo & Bridge - 3. Bridge - 4. Bridge & Neck - 5. Neck

These pickups are very microphonic. The neck pickup isn't a big deal sitting in the wood neck pocket. The bridge sitting inside a metal skillet pan however, would be a problem with feedback. So I used a fabric covered piece of foam(shoulder pad from one of my wife's old blouse from the 80's) to wrap the underside of the pickup.

Need to make the bridge and probably will need to make a neck pocket shim also.

Got the Bridge made today from some Red Oak scrap. I cut a channel in the top with some chisels and a hammer for the 1/4" steel threaded rod bridge saddles.

Next will be the neck pocket degree shim. Then I can string it and enjoy.

cool, turning out real nice

Thanks. Got the neck pocket shim sorted out, but I need to lower the stop tail piece into the body a bit to increase the string break angle at the bridge saddle.

Then I have to figure out why the big single coil pups aren't giving off 60 cycle hum when individually selected and aren't producing a lot of volume. Guessing it has a lot to do with the piezo being with the pickups on the 5-way switch and using the same pot controls.

Paul, I don't know how you have the switch wired but, if you wire the 3 pups just as you would a standard Strat, substituting the piezo for the neck pup and eliminate T1, you shouldn't have any problems that I foresee.

On a standard Strat, the neck pup's tone is controlled by 1st tone knob - T1. The rest of the pups are wired to T2.

You could swap the 2 P90s in the switching scheme if you want tough.

http://www2.fender.com/experience/tech-talk/the-stratocaster-pickup...

P.S. 1 - Looking good, loves me some P90's.

P.S. 2 - Being a bass player, I was not amused by your "funny" video... jk, I chuckled a few times.

The piezo is wired to #1, bridge pup to #3 and neck pup to #5,then to a master volume and master tone, then to the jack. 

After I lowered the stop tail piece, the pickup volume returned. The only reason I can think of that this occurred is that the ground wire may have been loose and is now tight. Maybe the volume pot had a bit of dust in it.

Still not getting any 60 cycle hum out of the single coils, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

These pickups are actually 60's Japanese and are similar to a Tele bridge pickup with screw poles. The old plastic covers were shot and I had a couple P90 covers that fit. I love P90's too.

Glad you liked the video, I got a lot of chuckles from it too.

Workin on harp mics again//an order for 3

Those look fantastic Randy.

Calling the Strat-O-Rez done. The single coil pickups are doing fine and without hum. The piezo could be better, but I'm leaving it  as is for now. Pics are a bit blurry.

Sawdust and git parts.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter on Wednesday. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

Latest Activity

Matthias Bichsel left a comment for Moritz Voegeli
"www.cbguitars.ch auf FB This Bichsel"
10 hours ago
Matthias Bichsel left a comment for Moritz Voegeli
"Hallo, ich bin aus Solothurn. Lisa Stearns hat mich gefragt ob ich Dich kenne. Ich baue cbg. Gruss…"
10 hours ago
Matthias Bichsel liked Moritz Voegeli's profile
10 hours ago
BrianQ. left a comment for John Herrick
10 hours ago
BrianQ. left a comment for Daniel Cook
10 hours ago
BrianQ. left a comment for Skip Novakovich
10 hours ago
T-Gripped liked David Woodman 's photo
10 hours ago
Profile IconJohn Herrick, Daniel Cook and Skip Novakovich joined Cigar Box Nation
11 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

The Blues riff a Tutorial BCB 2024

"Yup Doug ! standart tuning for the four that el be missing the E's ADGB ,on the 3 Tree String…"
14 hours ago
Max commented on Max's video
Thumbnail

My second guitar

"Thanks everyone, yes well and truly hooked haha. If I ever put this one down it's to make…"
23 hours ago
Southern Ray replied to Moritz Voegeli's discussion Joseph J. Rogowski about Current Based Pickup Design
" A few years later... Thank you."
23 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

Jesus Thank You: 3D Printed Cigar Box Guitar

"Monday was Faith Night; today was Faith Afternoon at the church (a 90 minute jam with some…"
yesterday

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->