This could be git related or not. So, what's on your workbench at the moment?

I have 4 scarf joint necks in different stages of work.

A 25" scale pine 5 string neck for a Banjo-Res, A 25" scale Red Oak neck for my 6 string Strat-Res build, A 24 & 1/2" scale Red Oak neck for my 6 string Double Cut Tele build and a 27" scale 6 string Baritone Conversion neck for a Modern Strat body I have.

Views: 30918

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm building a CB amp in an Acid box someone gave me.  Kinda stabbing in the dark as I go along as I don't really know electronics as it pertains to amps.  Probably gonna have to just order a circuit already done.

There’s a few simple amps in the Home made amps group, low parts count, so not too hard? https://cigarboxnation.com/group/home-made-guitar-amps

I like the cabinet, it look very good.

I just started a new build this morning. This one is going to be a 4 string fretless (simply because I've never built one before).

I like the 4 string better because you can have the usual 1 - 5 - 1 tuning and use that 4th string as another 1, 5, add a 3rd for major chords, suspended 4ths, minor chords and some 7ths. Amazing what one more string can add.

Check it out Paul? Found this Little Gem amp in my storage, in a box marked “May 2000 needs batt. snap” This dang thing almost sat for 20 years, waiting for a battery snap :D gotta sort through my container hoard to find a home for it? Happy building fellas!!!

Awesome find. I have parts in my bin to make 6 Ruby amps or 3 of my Dual Ruby amps, just have it all on the back burner for awhile. Then we forget.

I bought a new amp 2 months ago and planned to do a write up on it, but my health got in the way. I have had a lot of things going on to add to the fray, but I have done a little bit of putting it through the paces.

My Tube amp needs to be gone through with some cap replacements and other things so I wanted a amp I could use that sounded good, had enough power and I also wanted some effects. I looked at the Blues Cube amps, Peavey Blues Classic, Orange Mini Dark Terror w/cab and I also looked at a Fender Blues Deluxe. So which one did I get? Boss Katana 50watt Combo.

Why the Katana? It has switchable output from .5watts to 25watts to 50watts, it has 5 preset sound choices(acoustic/clean/crunch/lead/brown), it has 50 built in effects(only use 3 at a time), you can have 3 channels for saved combinations and it has a 12" speaker and only cost me $280 bucks.

Is it a good amp? OH YEAH!

Yea, the Katana has really evolved! I had the chance a few months ago to play through one with a few guitars. 

Most of the time when someone makes an amp with a lot of bells and whistles, you get maybe one or two good things out of the lot. I can't find anything bad about this amp. I've had solid state amps, tube amps, spring reverbs and lots of effect pedals over the last 40 years and I can say that this amp does everything very well and at the money they go for, I just couldn't say no. The 100watt Artist model has an expression pedal, which is a great addition.

The only thing I'm missing on this amp is a Wah Pedal.

Had the Squier on the neck Firebird pickup today playing on the Katana with Reverb, Compressor and Flanger. Had that guitar quacking like a flock of ducks. LOL

After I finish the Acid box amp, my next project is a license plate resonator guitar.  The plate came from the garage of a friend of mine who had passed while helping his wife clean out the house for sale, so it has a personal connection for me.  The box is a gun cleaning kit box from Bass Pro Shop and is longer but pretty close in width to the plate.  Gonna go with a 25” scale fretted neck.

Attachments:

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Latest Activity

Southern Ray left a comment for J. D. Woods
" If you are interested in building your own pickups, I wrote a blog about how I make my…"
51 minutes ago
Gary O'slide posted a video
1 hour ago
Niall McCracken is now a member of Cigar Box Nation
4 hours ago
J. D. Woods replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
5 hours ago
J. D. Woods replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
15 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

There i was Standing at the ..... BCB - A. D. Eker 2024

"Thanks AGP# Glad you liked  my version ! appreciated !"
16 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

I Can Only Imagine: 2-String Chugger License Plate Cigar Box Guitar

"You are very observant Andries! Some of the Slingers are more consistent than others and I…"
17 hours ago
David L. replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
"Not sure how accurate the lyrics are (link to the lyrics site at the bottom) "Internet…"
17 hours ago
David L. liked David Hopkins's photo
17 hours ago
17 hours ago
17 hours ago
J. D. Woods posted a discussion

Song lyrics for Steve's new song

Hey Cigar Boxers,Just listened to Seasick Steve's new song, Internet Cowboys. Does anybody know…See More
18 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->