This could be git related or not. So, what's on your workbench at the moment?

I have 4 scarf joint necks in different stages of work.

A 25" scale pine 5 string neck for a Banjo-Res, A 25" scale Red Oak neck for my 6 string Strat-Res build, A 24 & 1/2" scale Red Oak neck for my 6 string Double Cut Tele build and a 27" scale 6 string Baritone Conversion neck for a Modern Strat body I have.

Views: 30916

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No! What I meant is when setting up the bandsaw and fine tuning the blade by working on the guides. Take off the table! I just finished setting up my 9" Ryobi today, if the table had been still on it would have been " screw it close enough!" But as it was in pretty impressed with the results.

Just dawned on me, I've been delving into band saws so damn much, I didn't realize you were talking "scroll saws!". My bad!

1 of my first jobs was working in the wood shop of a Furniture Company. Had to cut all the pieces for the chair and sofa frames and then assemble them. Used a table saw, drill press, bandsaw and mitre chop saw to cut everything and used air powered nailers and brad guns for the assembly. Then they moved me out to the finishing shop for staining sealing and spraying Lacquer. Learned a lot there and I began to fix and refinish old furniture to sell on the side at home in yardsales.

Then started doing guitars. I'm a bit rusty, but I never turn down advise or ideas from anybody.

Kudos, much more training than I had.

I later had a job with a moving company and the earlier training and refinishing as a hobby helped repair those "Break If You Look At Them Wrong" antiques that a lot of people were getting back in the 80's. I once had a load of old Persian rugs(5 worth 200k that looked like they should've been burned long ago) and another 200k worth of pictures and lamps. I couldn't believe the money people paid for that stuff and a lot of it was junk. Oh well.

something's not working for me. page 101 goes back to page 100. no responds from my comments, rhetorical anyway, but if there were any i can't find them. Ah So.

Sometimes the server acts up.

Can't imagine why.

how about a two string bass with the sting on a clock pully as the bridge.?

Why not?

Scale length? Swamp witch seems to have the recipe. Tell us how you do it Pick......reminds me of a song.......tell us how you do it, tell us how you do it..............

not that i'll find the reply if there is one.........i guess i'm a few fries short........back to glue.....

Paul.............bamboo.

25.5" scale like Fender does has better Harmonics due to stiffer strings. Gibson uses 24.75" scale on most of their guitars because the looser string tension allows better string bending.

The bright choice depends on your playing style.

I use the 25" scale as a compromise. I can bend the strings well and get good Harmonics. Dobro, National and PRS use this scale because it works well with most styles of playing, even using slide.

I don't know what scale length Pick uses, but he does make a very good CBG style guitar.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

Latest Activity

Glenn Kaiser commented on Glenn Kaiser's video
Thumbnail

GK less Paul Diddley Bow

"Thx Doug, truly fun to create and use. Plugged into a stomp box, then amp, truly amazing little…"
1 hour ago
Glenn Kaiser commented on Glenn Kaiser's photo
Thumbnail

Less Paul by GK

"Thanks Doug, a joy to build. I'll play it tomorrow night in a show. -Glenn"
1 hour ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Randy S. Bretz's photo
Thumbnail

Off the Bench !

"Truly amazing Randy! A stunning build. Craftsmanship at its finest…"
2 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

Up the Hill A D Eker 2024

"I’m with Kale; the shaker sound nicely offsets the guitar groove… Cool Andries!"
2 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Glenn Kaiser's video
Thumbnail

GK less Paul Diddley Bow

"Love that outside the box thinking! Less Paul, more Glenn! You are having way too much fun…"
2 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Glenn Kaiser's photo
Thumbnail

Less Paul by GK

"Wow! Less Paul is definitely more Glenn!!! Simple and cool; a great combo."
2 hours ago
Bernie Edwards commented on Randy S. Bretz's photo
Thumbnail

Off the Bench !

"The cherries make it really even more special!  Great project with a unique and special result!"
8 hours ago
Crazed Fandango replied to Rich Butters's discussion UK - Best Place to Buy Cigar Box's
9 hours ago
Crazed Fandango commented on David Woodman 's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0749

"Amazing!"
9 hours ago
Crazed Fandango liked David Woodman 's photo
9 hours ago
Crazed Fandango posted a photo
9 hours ago
Rich Butters posted a discussion

UK - Best Place to Buy Cigar Box's

Hi all, I am living in Thailand and building CBGs for about a year.  I will be returning to the UK…See More
11 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->