This could be git related or not. So, what's on your workbench at the moment?

I have 4 scarf joint necks in different stages of work.

A 25" scale pine 5 string neck for a Banjo-Res, A 25" scale Red Oak neck for my 6 string Strat-Res build, A 24 & 1/2" scale Red Oak neck for my 6 string Double Cut Tele build and a 27" scale 6 string Baritone Conversion neck for a Modern Strat body I have.

Views: 30892

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just started my next build.I'm trying a couple new things on this one. New for me anyway.

Good job.

I've been insanely busy over the last few weeks... or is it the last few months.

Anyways, I did get parts from China and decided to begin a new build. I've got almost everything I need to get started. And I bet you won't be able to guess what it's going to be... Then again, you probably will :-)

Attachments:

Working on #41. I dont really like it.... kinda hokey

Doesn't look hokey to me. You going natural for the box or stain or paint?

Buyer wants it like it is. I have this same box with great patina that i got at an estate sale for $1. He didnt like the look so he paid $30 for this one off ebay. 

Mike

Buyer's always right. Then another buyer will pickup the other one. Haha

these are nice boxes.  A friend gave me one which I made into a 4 string fretted.  The box had seen a few better days so I gave it a golden oak stain which complemented the aging beat up look.  the top on mine was about 1/4" thick so I added the Gitty uke pick=up and it made it really sound great, even though it was still pretty good acoustically.

Starting #41

That's a good looking box.

Hi, I started converting an old Volksempfänger (radio from nazi era) into a nice little tube amp.

This project has to wait because I finally found the car I was searching for for some years. It's a 1971 ROBUR bus. There is a lot of work to be done. The body was very much destroyed by rust, so I had to change about 4.5 squaremeters of steel sheet. Everything had to be formed by hand.

Today I'm waiting for the sun coming a little more up soi I can start the final paint job.

If you like you can watch >the whole story here/a> (many pics)

best regards, Peter

Cool bus. It has a lot of room.

It seems that just about every auto manufacturer in the 70's used the same low grade steel that just rusts away. Haha  American auto makers cars were well known to have bad rust problems around the fender wells, floor pans and trunk pans. Of course a lot of salt was used on the roads and most of the cars didn't have a paint on the bottom of the cars,trucks and others.

Definitely show us that amp project later.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Taffy Evans yesterday. 8 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Latest Activity

BrianQ. liked Gary O'slide's video
3 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Flathead Diddley Bow

"Thanks. Wow! That becomes a spendy box Alan. They are pretty distinctive though. I have a few on…"
7 hours ago
Nigel McTrustry posted a video

Nigel McTrustry & The Hound Dogs are Loose! - Yellow Dog - Live - Original - Cigar Box Guitar

Nigel McTrustry & The Hound Dogs are Loose! Yellow Dog (McTrustry)@ The Cave Inn Brisbane, Australia.The song is currently on Spotify.
7 hours ago
AGP # commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Flathead Diddley Bow

""Sweet Doug" :-), have seen quite a few Flathead Builds over the years, great looking…"
10 hours ago
AGP # liked David Dodt's photo
10 hours ago
10 hours ago
10 hours ago
AGP # liked Doug Thorsvik's photo
10 hours ago
10 hours ago
10 hours ago
AGP # liked Aaron Green's photo
10 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Gary O'slide's video
11 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->