This could be git related or not. So, what's on your workbench at the moment?

I have 4 scarf joint necks in different stages of work.

A 25" scale pine 5 string neck for a Banjo-Res, A 25" scale Red Oak neck for my 6 string Strat-Res build, A 24 & 1/2" scale Red Oak neck for my 6 string Double Cut Tele build and a 27" scale 6 string Baritone Conversion neck for a Modern Strat body I have.

Views: 30892

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know a guy with a Strat and he has 6 different loaded pickguards to swap out if he fancies a different pickup selection. Uses the old bullet electrical connectors.

Hi, that plug and play idea sounds interesting.

I have just finished building my fingerboard radiusing jig, tested it with a few dummy runs and it works fine.

I told myself that this Sunday I was not going into the workshop, but in true Trump like fashion I changed my mind, ha ha....................

I put a new top on my repair bench, after 20 years. I resawed some old crate timber, the white timber really brightens up the work area. First job on it this morning was a Fender Precision Bass.

Taff

Got my 3 P90 Strat going. I've always liked the 2 P90 pickups played together on a old LP and I've always liked 2 Strat pickups together. I was expecting great things from the 3 P90 Strat with the #2 & #4 positions of my 5-way Strat switch.

Not quite the result I was looking for. The #2 & #4 positions were just meh. Maybe it's because they are so close to each other. Each pickup by itself was great.

Was playing through my Ruby amp and I'm going to try out my Dual Ruby with higher gain next. My tube amp is waiting for capacitors, so it's out of the question.

Totally not cbg related.  After a long stint of home remodeling, I took a little break to carve out a Greenland kayak paddle.  Rough sanded and wetted to raise the grain.  Found a plan to make one from a cedar 2x4 and was intrigued to try one for myself.  After it drys, a lite sanding, then it is time to try it out.

That's cool, a double neck git! Really though, that's a nice paddle.

bass one end and gdg the other...lol

Pluck while you paddle. Call it the Paddle Plucker.

You guys are killing me, I actually started thinking if it could work. 

of course it will work.. just remember to wash in fresh water before drying if you use it in salt water...

Haha

Just got ahold of this beauty, Was spray painted yellow, so have been messing around with it for a week trying to get all the spray paint off.  Come to find out they painted it first then spray painted it.  But I think this will turn out to be a beautiful Guitar once it is all done.

Attachments:

Wow Mark, has it got a label inside. Best to use the correct glue on reassembly.

Taff

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Taffy Evans yesterday. 8 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Latest Activity

BrianQ. liked Gary O'slide's video
3 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Flathead Diddley Bow

"Thanks. Wow! That becomes a spendy box Alan. They are pretty distinctive though. I have a few on…"
7 hours ago
Nigel McTrustry posted a video

Nigel McTrustry & The Hound Dogs are Loose! - Yellow Dog - Live - Original - Cigar Box Guitar

Nigel McTrustry & The Hound Dogs are Loose! Yellow Dog (McTrustry)@ The Cave Inn Brisbane, Australia.The song is currently on Spotify.
7 hours ago
AGP # commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Flathead Diddley Bow

""Sweet Doug" :-), have seen quite a few Flathead Builds over the years, great looking…"
9 hours ago
AGP # liked David Dodt's photo
9 hours ago
9 hours ago
9 hours ago
AGP # liked Doug Thorsvik's photo
9 hours ago
9 hours ago
9 hours ago
AGP # liked Aaron Green's photo
9 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Gary O'slide's video
11 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->