This could be git related or not. So, what's on your workbench at the moment?

I have 4 scarf joint necks in different stages of work.

A 25" scale pine 5 string neck for a Banjo-Res, A 25" scale Red Oak neck for my 6 string Strat-Res build, A 24 & 1/2" scale Red Oak neck for my 6 string Double Cut Tele build and a 27" scale 6 string Baritone Conversion neck for a Modern Strat body I have.

Views: 30892

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Paul, yes I saw that  already I use a couple of things similar. But why would you buy it when one can make it.

Anyway......Remember  I was talking about wasps getting into any little holes in parts, in my bike shed. Well I went into my paint spray shed [like I said I'm spoilt] and found that they had ruined most of my spray guns with mud.

They had been hanging in a line on hooks for about ten years along the back of the bench, and never a problem.

Well I put an end to their game. They were still trying to gain access while I was doing the modifications...............Photos tell the story.

Taff

Wow, little buggers. I bet that was fun cleaning out all those spray guns.

Back when I was 20 years old, I went to work at a furniture factory. They moved me around to different parts of the factory, so I got some experience in all the departments. Anyway, they put me in the spray booth to finish the "Rustic Look" furniture and told me to Stain, Seal and Lacquer all the units there. I asked to see the spray guns and was shown a gun that was all clogged and gummed up. Foreman told me a new gun was on the way. They had been using a gun without cleaning it with thinner and throwing it away when it stopped working, then buy another. They didn't even have sandpaper, it cost too much and took up to much time they said.

I looked at all the finished pieces, like your thinking, they all looked terrible. The boss wouldn't pay for the paper and thinner because it was cheaper for him to buy a new cheap spray gun every week, if it clogged before then you did other thing til a new gun arrived.

I couldn't work like that, so I quit and went to work somewhere else and they closed the factory a year later. I wonder why?

Girlfriend wanted me to take this spool and make a wagon out of it.

Here's what I came up with.

I used cedar fencing boards for the wagon body. It looks good as well.

I bought a big pot to put in in and will add some dirt and flowers to spruce things up.

This is gonna go next to the shed I just put up. Try and make the yard look presentable. 

Hi Blues Fog, wouldn't she let you put strings on it.

Taff 

If I said I wanted to make it into a guitar, she would say "Go ahead"

She's an enabler when it comes to the CBG addiction. At least for now. 

Nice job Blues Frog.

Thinking about Taff's suggesting about strings, maybe you could make a Hurdy Gurdy out of it. Haha

Ahh. The ideas never end!

I got my Strat partscaster on my bench today. I'm taking the 2 humbuckers out because they sounded better in another body. So I'm replacing the HB's with 3 P90's(middle being RWRP) and a 5-way switch. A true Fat Strat like I've always wanted. Pics later.

I've run into a lot of stuff to do, so I'll have to finish later. :(

I just started my second Cigar Box Ukulele. Here's the neck being varnished.

That neck looks good. Mahogany?

Designing my third playable CBG. I've got lots of necks. Lots of electronics and lots of wood. Just down't have lots of time. : ) My radius fretboard idea is on indefinite hold. People who know what they're doing make it look so easy on youtube don't they. : ) Hard part is going to be picking out the pickups I want to use. I've got a large collection. Honestly thinking about making lots of one pickguard that will fit into one guitar body. Use plugs for the output and ground. That way I could remove a few screws. Put a different pickup configuration in. Have a different sounding guitar every time I change the strings.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Taffy Evans yesterday. 8 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Latest Activity

Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Flathead Diddley Bow

"Thanks. Wow! That becomes a spendy box Alan. They are pretty distinctive though. I have a few on…"
4 hours ago
Nigel McTrustry posted a video

Nigel McTrustry & The Hound Dogs are Loose! - Yellow Dog - Live - Original - Cigar Box Guitar

Nigel McTrustry & The Hound Dogs are Loose! Yellow Dog (McTrustry)@ The Cave Inn Brisbane, Australia.The song is currently on Spotify.
4 hours ago
AGP # commented on Doug Thorsvik's photo
Thumbnail

Flathead Diddley Bow

""Sweet Doug" :-), have seen quite a few Flathead Builds over the years, great looking…"
6 hours ago
AGP # liked David Dodt's photo
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
AGP # liked Doug Thorsvik's photo
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
AGP # liked Aaron Green's photo
6 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Gary O'slide's video
7 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Doug Thorsvik's video
7 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->