This could be git related or not. So, what's on your workbench at the moment?

I have 4 scarf joint necks in different stages of work.

A 25" scale pine 5 string neck for a Banjo-Res, A 25" scale Red Oak neck for my 6 string Strat-Res build, A 24 & 1/2" scale Red Oak neck for my 6 string Double Cut Tele build and a 27" scale 6 string Baritone Conversion neck for a Modern Strat body I have.

Views: 16784

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm doing this to a Squier Bullet Strat.The bridge(Cavalier Fat Lion) pickup is a Telecaster Bridge pickup, middle pickup is a DeArmond style Gold Foil(RWRP of the bridge) and the neck is a Seymour Duncan minibucker(made like the snake oil) that I'm converting to a real Firebird.

Bridge and middle will be wired to a 4-way switch for bridge/bridge & middle in parallel/middle/bridge & middle in series with 250k volume & tone. Neck pickup will be separate volume only to blend in when wanted.

Not your typical Strat pickup selection. This is going to be a Hot Rod. 8)

Let's hear it when you get it back together, looks great so far!

I got the SD minibucker converted to a Firebird. The Gold Foil and Tele bridge pickup ended up being the same polarity and wind direction. I couldn't alter the GF pickup because of the way it was grounded, i could flip the wires on the Tele pickup but not the magnets. So I ordered another Tele pickup done the other direction and polarity. A small set back.

Working on 45

Looks great Fantacone.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SnKRGMg8aDPfv5Pf8
Less Pauley
Damaged box with mahogany top
Mahogany neck , fretboard of unknown origin
Scrounged up some sweet used parts on the ole Ebay
Probably could have bought a Les Paul for what I have in it but where's the fun in that?

looks like a Mike Orr fretboard. He likes to use walnut, usually a 25.5 scale length. Where did you find it? He does fine work,

It was in a box with a bunch of other wood I bought online
I fretted this one at 24.75

oh, i though you obtained it pre-fretted. nice job on the frets. love the scale length. gibson.

The fun of building your own is worth it. Has a BO Diddley look.

Just finishing up a CB Uke for my oldest daughter.  I bought the strings, feet wire, and grommet from Gitty, the rest is stuff I've scrounged here and there.  Walnut neck, Corian countertop sample for bridge and nut.  Sounds pretty decent unplugged, may still add a piezo though.

My apologies, photo didn't come through

IMG_20190808_132942.jpg

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

built-in reverb

Started by JOHN POMEROY in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by JOHN POMEROY 3 hours ago. 7 Replies

Lid thickness question.

Started by Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner 7 hours ago. 12 Replies

Screw Inlays

Started by Brent Kasl in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Titch the Clown 10 hours ago. 4 Replies

Peloton Bike

Started by Grace Acebedo in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Grace Acebedo on Friday. 6 Replies

Holding the CBG

Started by Jack Brady in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner on Thursday. 4 Replies

Logo using tracing paper

Started by Titch the Clown in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Will "KOOL DOG HOOCH" Bonner on Wednesday. 1 Reply

Blog Posts

My mistake at the markets

Posted by Rick Tish on August 22, 2019 at 9:27am 1 Comment

Indiana State Fair

Posted by Rick Tish on August 19, 2019 at 7:46pm 1 Comment

Buying in bulk

Posted by Rick Tish on August 17, 2019 at 6:31pm 3 Comments

Shellac

Posted by Rick Tish on August 15, 2019 at 7:00pm 1 Comment

Latest Activity

Taffy Evans liked Dennis "Denbo" Goodinson's video
2 hours ago
Jack Noller liked cbgkent's video
2 hours ago
the anonymous pick commented on Dave Lynas's video
Thumbnail

Jamin with Clint

"Awesome sauce ,  bet that  6+ minutes felt like 2  ;-)"
3 hours ago
JOHN POMEROY replied to JOHN POMEROY's discussion built-in reverb
"Very nice David L., that looks like just the thing, thank you. you'll test yours b4 I get…"
3 hours ago
Jeff 'Bones' Reilly commented on AGP #'s photo
Thumbnail

AGP #365 - ''Susie Q''

"Yep got a commissioned build on the bench other than that been to busy. "
4 hours ago
Dave Lynas commented on cbgkent's video
Thumbnail

Preachin blues and black Betty jam CBG

"Nice to hear you singing Kent. :D) I like the preaching Blues best."
4 hours ago
Dave Lynas liked cbgkent's video
4 hours ago
Dave Lynas posted a video

Jamin with Clint

Clint Spotts visit to the garden to jam and picnic. Clint’s new Swamp Witch and his Crate Guitar, my Moon Man Guitar and 2 string Bass.
5 hours ago
Andries D. EKER commented on RTZGUITARS's video
Thumbnail

Summers End

"Fine picking & singing RTZ! i believe you are forgiven by now! sometimes somethings work !"
6 hours ago
Andries D. EKER commented on Downtown Vinnie's video
Thumbnail

Bass Fishin

"PUMPING ! NICE great  tone ,is that metal strings or nylon ?thats a track for some slide…"
6 hours ago
Andries D. EKER commented on Andries D. EKER's video
Thumbnail

Things that use to be A. D. Eker 2019

"Hiya RTZ ! thanks for your kind comments appriciated ! & GLAD YOU LIKED IT !"
6 hours ago
Andries D. EKER commented on Andries D. EKER's video
Thumbnail

Things that use to be A. D. Eker 2019

"Thanks Amos for your kind like ! appriciated !"
6 hours ago

Music

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->