This could be git related or not. So, what's on your workbench at the moment?
I have 4 scarf joint necks in different stages of work.
A 25" scale pine 5 string neck for a Banjo-Res, A 25" scale Red Oak neck for my 6 string Strat-Res build, A 24 & 1/2" scale Red Oak neck for my 6 string Double Cut Tele build and a 27" scale 6 string Baritone Conversion neck for a Modern Strat body I have.
Wow, that's looking amazing Randy!
I've built 12 instruments and I'm a bit superstitious, so... instead of building number 13 I'm building two number 14s at the same time. lol
The "Special Equipment LPG is for the singer of a local band called High Pilot and is my first ever commissioned build. The Michigan Bicentennial LPG is for Detroit based singer/songwriter Brandon Calhoon.
Sounds like a plan.
13 has always been lucky for me. LOL
Good looking box.
Hadn't got to the riding mower yet, had too many things come up then it started raining. The rain gave me time to get back to fixing the problem with the BO Diddly git.
So the paint wanted to peel around the edges and around the pickup holes. I went to Walmart and got a bag of Popsicle sticks and some craft sticks. I used my Xacto saw and miter box to cut the 45 degree angles for the corners. I also cut the straight edge joints with 45 degree lateral cuts to make them less noticeable when I paint them. Not sure what color I'm going to paint them, I'm leaning towards Black so far.
I used a bit of wood putty to smooth over the joints. Once that dries I can sand and paint the trim. I still need to get a 3-way switch and strings to finish.
My work bench is still on my work bench. And now my push mower as well. Not a mechanic so I asked a friend. He said what was wrong and how much the part would cost. Was talking to maintenance at work and they said I should replace the entire carburetor. Told me the part or the entire carburetor wold cost the same. So I looked it up last night. Yep, I'll be replacing the carb. For me it'll be something I can actually do.
Carbs are the usual culprits. I take mine off and apart as far as I can because they are made to where you can't completely disassemble, then soak it all in fresh gas for a couple hours(minus any gaskets) and then clean the passages with a torch tip cleaner. Put it back together and that usually takes care of it.
Just remember to drain leftover fuel from the tank and run it til it quits at the end of every season and it will last a long time. Ethanol is very unfriendly to small engines.
Magneto's are made very cheap these days and don't last as long as the used to.
A guitar is now on my workbench. Or my wobbly ply on saw horses I'm using as a work bench. Tired of setbacks. Going to get started on this now. I'll eventually get the work bench made.
The guitar is actually the seconded one I was planning on building. I want to make this one first. Because of the three this will be the hardest. It will be made of four pieces of wood. Two 1/4 ply, one 3/4 maple board out of a large coffee table I got for $3. And one half inch ply. Will be semi hollow and have either one or two piezos with volume and tone each. Will be asking some questions on them. The body is a modified Eastwood design. Liked the curves better than most of the DanElectro and old Japan guitars.