So what cool stuff did you get for xmess? some tools some strings?  A new amp come on your dying to tell come on spill .   I'll start.

So I have a great wife in the first place but now she has gone beyond that. For xmess she got me the book One Mans Trash  and Mike Snowden CD Summer in the Fields and if that was not cool she got me a Robert Johnson brass slide. i think she listens to me more than I thought { note to self} . 

come on people what did santa bring yah

Views: 248

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh yah she also had a book made with all my CBG printed in it from shutterbug it damn cool.

I got Sony Vegas Movie Studio. I like to make little home made videos of stuff, and my software was really old. I have to get fiddling around with it so I can figure out how to use it.
Not CBG related but, 'Titus' with Anthony Hopkins, Jessica Lang, Alan Cumming. If you ever get a chance to see this Movie. Its Shakespear with the modern twist (a la Jesus Christ Superstar). Anthony Hopkins is spellbounding. Even my 14 yo liked it (the edited version that is). Mind you, its quite explicit in its presentation but it is Shakespear 100%.

-WY

http://www.amazon.com/Titus-Anthony-Hopkins/dp/B000E6ESKS/ref=sr_1_...
I got a Boss CS-3 compressor.  Got it dialed in and it sure sweetens up certain songs.  If I can just get some talent next year...
My new toy is the scraper burnisher from stewmac. I've been scraping the hell out of some stuff. I'm not sure that it was a Christmas present, but I'll put it in that category...Dan (yes...Dan Sleep) hooked me up with a sweet wood burning set. I burned some fret markers yesterday. I'm thinking a little practice will pay off. Thanks Dan!

The most impressive present was the Complete Mad Magazine Don Martin set... 1,000 pages, 2 volumes, 25 pounds!

My sister, however, won the day with artwork she made for my apartment:

She also found an Odorama card from a re-release from John Waters' Polyester and framed it for me:

Well ok, I'll spill since ya asked......

First off, let me say my wife is also awesome, glad to hear someone else is so lucky!

Last year I was totally surprised and shocked when she got me a Banjo. Really might not sound like much, but I thought it to be probably the coolest Christmas gift I had ever received. You would have to know me, but being excited by a Christmas gift is something I hadnt really experienced since childhood. The thoughtfullness made me well up...... Hard for an old Grinch to take!

This year I suggested we should just keep it simple. I had just finished a new large shed to store our new (big) snow blower (Snow insurance!) and I put a set of nice Michelins on her truck for winter, and just didnt feel like splurging much more on stuff this winter. But nooooooo, she had to surprise me with some more stuff! (Did I mention she's a doll?) We certainly have done our part to keep the retail economy rolling this year!

Among many other things I now have a nice new table saw and sanding station in my workshop! WOO HOOO! LOL!

Cheers!!!

Ben said:
My new toy is the scraper burnisher from stewmac. I've been scraping the hell out of some stuff. I'm not sure that it was a Christmas present, but I'll put it in that category...Dan (yes...Dan Sleep) hooked me up with a sweet wood burning set. I burned some fret markers yesterday. I'm thinking a little practice will pay off. Thanks Dan!

My wifey got me a high dollar guitar strap which was REALLY cool but not something I considered worth spending $70 for. It was a rifle bullet bandolier with silver faux bullets made of heavy leather and buckle. If I were in a band I would have totally kept it, having been playing guitar for 20 years, I SHOULD be in a band but that's another story...bottom line is, I don't apply myself...hehe.. I think I'm just going to copy the design for the strap and use real bullets in my version.

Anyway, she said she wouldn't care if I took it back to Guitar Center and exchanged it for something else. I've been eyeballing mandolins for the last few months so I was hoping that there might be a decent starter model on sale or something. Lucky me, there was a used Washburn M1S in near perfect condition with the plastic still on the pick cover and everything for only $109. I told the rep behind the counter I thought it was pretty cool that I could bring in a guitar strap and get a near straight trade for a mandolin.

Anyway, that was probably the coolest things I got for Christmas this year and since I got Christmas money from relatives it didn't really cost me anything. The hard case for the new mando came in the mail today as I was walking out the door so I'm looking forward to getting home and practicing and scoping out my new case too.

Home made gifts are big around my family so, here's something I gave my daughter for Christmas and my gift from her which was commisioned by her from one of my favorite artistic nephews.

Whoops, here's the vid-link regarding said gifts.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va_72D92YVA

ProfWaldo/Wally said:

Home made gifts are big around my family so, here's something I gave my daughter for Christmas and my gift from her which was commisioned by her from one of my favorite artistic nephews.

A bottle of 12 year old scotch, i've never drank 12 year old scotch. I think I like it.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

Latest Activity

A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

Up the Hill A D Eker 2024

"thanks kale !yup that shaker sure keeps the groove going , and this LACE is my fender in the CBG…"
12 minutes ago
AGP # liked Ghostbuttons's photo
1 hour ago
AGP # commented on Randy S. Bretz's photo
Thumbnail

Off the Bench !

"A while in the making, But!, well worth the wait, another outstanding one off Randy Bretz Build,…"
1 hour ago
AGP # liked Randy S. Bretz's photo
1 hour ago
AGP # liked Dar Stellabotta's video
1 hour ago
Randy S. Bretz posted a photo

Off the Bench !

Top neck - 23" 018p,028,038 / Bottom neck - 28" 018p,030,044,056.
1 hour ago
BrianQ. commented on Dar Stellabotta's video
Thumbnail

Wooden Guitar Slides from Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Demo!!!!

"They actually sound great, but I like the fact that they won’t break if you drop em! "
4 hours ago
Carl Floyd liked Moritz Voegeli's discussion Joseph J. Rogowski about Current Based Pickup Design
7 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on Dar Stellabotta's video
Thumbnail

Wooden Guitar Slides from Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Demo!!!!

"Great Sliding ! But to be honest i dont hear that much a differens,  beleave the Glass is a…"
11 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

Up the Hill A D Eker 2024

"thanks AGP;# ! much appriciated !"
12 hours ago
Crazed Fandango added a discussion to the group Introduce Yourself!
Thumbnail

Better late than never...

After joining this forum in 2014, I finally have my 1st CBG which my wife bought for me at the…See More
14 hours ago
Bernie Edwards liked J. D. Woods's photo
14 hours ago

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->