Or should that be narrowed down to California? LOL
It seems almost that there are more CBG members from the eastern US, has anyone established a West Coast Group? (CA, OR, WA, BC, AK) any interest?
Pioneer Stock Laurie

Views: 245

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

like a festival? or gathering?
that would be awesome!!
I joined the Nation about a month ago and I'm curious about the same thing . There is a group callled "The Great Northwest " , but that's all I know of . It's still unchartered territory out here with not many folks even knowing about CBG's . If there is'nt a West Coast Group already , then maybe it's time to start one .

Richard Markham said:
I joined the Nation about a month ago and I'm curious about the same thing . There is a group callled "The Great Northwest " , but that's all I know of . It's still unchartered territory out here with not many folks even knowing about CBG's . If there is'nt a West Coast Group already , then maybe it's time to start one .
I need to learn how to spell !!!
Hi there, Richard, Robert,...----I think the pacific norhtwesterners are high up the coast,like in WA ?
the best attended functions seem to be in the summer months...so there would be plenty time to organize something..
I'm kept close to home by family situations, so doubt I'd be able get very far away, if go at all.....California has a pretty darn long footprint, so finding the optimum location might be best decided upon taking a poll of who's is out there, and find a base that would be best for most attendees within the nucleus of folks interested .... just my thinking:-) Ideas to keep in mind : facilities/overnight accomodations/Daytime only, permits, permissions, etc. Campgrounds are not a bad place for meetups/gatherings, but like most things must be booked way in advance, cost of going "bigtime" are pretty high (like renting a hall, etc, or room at a hotel, etc).....many CA county/state parks start reservations in January...we have some really BIG fests locally ----but logistics for these event planners are a huge thing!!,,,of course these venues all STARTED small, ended up as reknown annual events...so ya never know!!! be sure and ask Shane Speal what was involved....he recently organized his from stratch and must have some ideas,,,hope that helps...

Laurie Lee Campbell said:

Richard Markham said:

Where are you exactly? I mean where do you have your meetings and get togethers? I am in Reno and feel like a Californian since the migration began years ago to populate this town in everyway with people from Ca. I was raised in SF and spent a few decades in the Mt. Shasta area and after that time decided to move to Reno to try my luck in the music biz. Well all of that is long gone and now I spend my free time roaming the hills of Portola, Ca. I am a solo delta blues guitar and cbg man. If it's doable I wouldn't mind meeting up with you all and having some cbg fun. Thanks

Just found this thread... anybody else in San Diego?

Can we add Las Vegas tothe geographic area?

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Volume/Tone Pots

Started by Brent Kasl in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Cause the Blue rat 6 hours ago. 4 Replies

CONTEST CANCELLED: We Need Your Photos!

Started by Shane Speal shanespeal.com in Feature Articles. Last reply by Alex Fong yesterday. 2 Replies

Mods to CBG kit

Started by James Pobog in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by James Pobog on Wednesday. 4 Replies

s/s lm386 draw amp,

Started by GARAGE HERMIT in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Paul Craig on Wednesday. 8 Replies

Back Angle

Started by Brent Kasl in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Paul Craig on Monday. 4 Replies

Blog Posts

Mag pickup help

Posted by Fantacone Box Works on December 1, 2019 at 7:26pm 5 Comments

Tupelo Tenor kit

Posted by Craig W.Solomon on November 21, 2019 at 6:51pm 4 Comments

Hello from new member

Posted by Morgan L. Scoggins on November 16, 2019 at 9:52am 8 Comments

Latest Activity

Korrigan posted a photo

Alison

After 6 weeks in Italy it's nice to be home and able to build again. Build #37, baritone uke, MGB…
2 minutes ago
Korrigan posted photos
4 minutes ago
John Grassens commented on John Grassens's photo
Thumbnail

Aussie Resonator

"Thanks Jeff."
12 minutes ago
Doug Krantz posted a discussion

photos of old ukulele

Whilst talking to a gentleman at a music store the topic of cigarbox guitars came up.He told me his…See More
13 minutes ago
John Grassens and Jeff 'Bones' Reilly are now friends
13 minutes ago
Dave Lynas commented on Dave Lynas's photo
Thumbnail

porcelain control knobs

"I’m loving the idea Bones. Another way to use clay on these guitars."
49 minutes ago
Thumbnail

the Omar Gang

"It would a few days Bones. This is tip o the iceberg. I can seem to stop making these things."
51 minutes ago
Thumbnail

Vern’s weird idea

"They are working out Bones. I’ve found several plastic knobs on eBay that will work great…"
54 minutes ago
KOOL DOG HOOCH replied to KOOL DOG HOOCH's discussion HELP!! Going out of my flipping mind(intonation problem)
"I quickly glanced over This this morning and wasn't paying the attention it deserved. I always…"
56 minutes ago
Thumbnail

Friday Night Special

"Duke pees where he wants Uncle. Don’t mess with The Duke..."
1 hour ago
Dave Lynas liked Uncle John's video
1 hour ago
Dave Lynas commented on Uncle John's video
Thumbnail

Pawn Shop Christmas Commercial

"I’ll be right down Uncle. I got a huge load of diapers for Wishy Washy. Then I can use the…"
1 hour ago

Music

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->