Just found this guy a couple of days ago. He is a long time guitar player but only a few months on a cigar box guitar. He already has tons of content on his youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAD4RhswSUBY8FQK5OTtHMA/playlists

Enjoy,

Russ

Views: 1231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Small world. I have a guitar he used to own!

That's pretty cool. In one of his videos he noted that his CBG is in this months Vintage Guitar magazine. Can;t recall who built it.

Rob Wrobel

Thanks for sharing, never seen his video's before, the one I just watched was very Ozzy-esk, and extremely detailed in his instructions, I definitely bookmarked and subscribed to his channel.

He's great!  His lessons really helped me convert pretty much anything I can play on a six string, to a 3 string.  In one video he's said he's overwhelmed by the welcoming in the community.  He seems humble, and very nice.

If you’re learning to play 3-string CBG, want to take your playing to the next level, or just want some new songs to play; Uncle Mark is a must check out. Very useful material!!!

If you’re learning to play 3-string CBG, want to take your playing to the next level, or just want some new songs to play; Uncle Mark is a must check out. Very useful material!!!

I’m using his videos everyday.

I checked him out and now wish those lessons had been around when I started in 07' or so.  Good lessons.  Detailed.  Well explained.  More theory than some folks would want.  I may look some more, but the truth is, I am kind of settled into doing the simple stuff I do. 

You don't need to know any of the theory to play the songs since he shows exactly how to play them. As he says he just keeps throwing the theory out there so it can be learned by osmosis instead of trying to memorize everything.

now i cant stop playing La Grange...lol got to watch some more videos...

"Just Got Paid" is big fun too. Too bad I can't play it at speed, but I'll get there. LOL

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Rocky Patel mocked up

Started by James Pobog in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by James Pobog 7 minutes ago. 2 Replies

Chords

Started by Mitchell Cutsinger in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by BrianQ. 20 minutes ago. 1 Reply

First build

Started by Lark Leazar in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans 17 hours ago. 35 Replies

Headless Guitar Project - a $100 eBay kit & Gitty pickups

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Poorness Studios on Thursday. 5 Replies

Cigar Box Amp Mods

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by RTZGUITARS Sep 17. 14 Replies

Blog Posts

Prototyping with a big ol' wine box

Posted by Ben on September 23, 2021 at 4:00pm 0 Comments

Mr. Bells

Posted by Stephen Cohen on September 4, 2021 at 12:30pm 0 Comments

Bookie's Poor Man's Dobro

Posted by Steve Bookout on July 18, 2021 at 2:04pm 7 Comments

Get your groove on for free

Posted by François on July 13, 2021 at 3:05pm 1 Comment

Latest Activity

James Pobog replied to James Pobog's discussion Rocky Patel mocked up
"The back of the box is just plain, but here's the back of the neck..."
7 minutes ago
Doug Thorsvik posted a video

Pontoon: 3-String (G1G2D3) Cigar Box Guitar

Cigar Box Guitar Slingers - Spokane, 75th Zoom Mtg Sep 27, 2021. More info and free songbooks: https://sites.google.com/site/cigarboxguitarslingersspokane/home
13 minutes ago
BrianQ. commented on smilingdog1's video
Thumbnail

John Seabuagh and Heather Carter, here at the Hwy61roadhouse 2021 cigar box guitar festival.

"Thanx for this, it’s been such awhile since we’ve had festival videos here!!"
16 minutes ago
BrianQ. liked Poorness Studios's video
18 minutes ago
BrianQ. replied to Mitchell Cutsinger's discussion Chords
"Nothing, keep practicing!"
20 minutes ago
BrianQ. replied to Steve Bookout's discussion Double Necked E-lectric Whachamacallit
"Kool, in the 50’s, Mosrite made a double-neck for Joe Maphis that had a Mando on top &…"
21 minutes ago
BrianQ. replied to Luke Jalbert's discussion Building a Cigar Box guitar with no musical parts
26 minutes ago
Luke Jalbert replied to Luke Jalbert's discussion Building a Cigar Box guitar with no musical parts
1 hour ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Poorness Studios's photo
Thumbnail

Jewelry Box to Guitar Amp

"Probably next year Kale! The Slingers will be performing live for the first time at the Spokane…"
1 hour ago
Carl Floyd liked Taffy Evans's discussion The hidden Volume pot, revealed
3 hours ago
Carl Floyd liked Steve Bookout's discussion Double Necked E-lectric Whachamacallit
3 hours ago
Uncle John replied to Steve Bookout's discussion Double Necked E-lectric Whachamacallit
"Hunh.   Nylon 4 and metal 3.   Makes sense.   Different colored necks…"
4 hours ago

Music

© 2021   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->