I ran into a couple cool boxes and am looking for inspiration.  I'm wondering if anybody has used boxes like this.  The Ashton is 2 1/8 deep, 5 1/8 across, and the sides are 9 and 10 1/2.  The Arturo is 2 3/4 deep, 5 1/4 across, and the sides are 7 and 8 1/8.  Its walls are almost 1/2 inch thick.  I would like to see some pictures if anybody has any.

Views: 420

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's the last one I had .....

This one stayed on my site less than 4 days.

Not only was it traipizoidal, the thickenss at the neck was 3/4" smaller than the tail.

AFKAM

Beautiful instrument, AFKAM.

In Bill Jehle 's book, One Man's Trash: A History of the Cigar Box Guitar, he discusses how experimental prototype guitars could be quickly built out of trapezoidal boxes but still retain the sound characteristics of a standard shaped guitar. In the 1930s, Supertone produced a guitar called the Hill Country:

http://harmony.demont.net/model.php?id=735

Enjoy your build, Keni Lee 

I have the second box, no problem with the shape it is the size I am not keen on. 7"x7"x2 3/4" (looks smaller than the one above if the printing is the same). Not sure what to do with it yet, maybe make it into an amp.
Thank you.

Rand Moore said:
Beautiful instrument, AFKAM.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

VIDEO FEATURE: Building a micro shop for the work area challenged

Started by KOOL DOG HOOCH in Feature Articles. Last reply by Shane Speal shanespeal.com on Friday. 15 Replies

Latest Activity

JD posted a discussion

Dead "E" blues

I just strung this wine box upright  and I must say I am underwhelmed with the results. The D and G…See More
14 minutes ago
Uncle John commented on Dave Lynas's video
Thumbnail

Callyfest 2020

"Silent, that would be great!  I would buy a Cally fest shirt from Gitty.   Maybe a…"
53 minutes ago
Uncle John commented on Gary O'slide's video
Thumbnail

Gary O'Slide Dobro Blues

"Makes me feel the desert sun."
56 minutes ago
Uncle John commented on Poorness Studios's video
Thumbnail

The Hardest Button to Button

"Great sounds and song!"
57 minutes ago
Rooster Reaves commented on Gary O'slide's video
Thumbnail

Gary O'Slide Dobro Blues

"Love it man!!  Sounds great!"
1 hour ago
Gary O'slide commented on Gary O'slide's video
Thumbnail

Gary O'Slide Dobro Blues

"Dave Lynas Thank you for your comment. What is callyfest?"
1 hour ago
Derek Rose commented on Derek Rose's video
Thumbnail

After the Sun Goes Down

"Thank you very much Poorness. This is one of those songs that came together quickly. The first line…"
2 hours ago
Derek Rose commented on Derek Rose's video
2 hours ago
KOOL DOG HOOCH liked Soap Box Blues's video
2 hours ago
Derek Rose commented on Dave Lynas's video
Thumbnail

Callyfest 2020

"I was hoping to meet up with him. He is making me sign some kind of insurance forms, so still…"
2 hours ago
Ben Ridgeway commented on Shane Speal shanespeal.com's group Building a Cigar Box Guitar 101
"Thanx for the complement, now if I could only learn to play em better!"
2 hours ago
Poorness Studios liked Dave Lynas's video
2 hours ago

Music

Loading…

© 2020   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->