Hello all,

I have received a request to make a CB bass. We are looking to do a pirate theme and I am looking for a specific box I have used before. It is a Las Cabrillas box, large size and says Balboa-Natural across the top. I used this for a guitar and it sounds great. It has a three sailed ship on the front so fits the design perfectly. If anyone has one of these I would pay or trade for it. Also, I will be asking for A TON of help on this as I have never done a bass before. 

Thanks a lot,

Jeff

Views: 339

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

cant  help  ya  on  the  box  ..  but  the  bass group  should be able to  fill  your   question card  .

http://www.cigarboxnation.com/group/cigarboxbasses

Thanks pick, I was going to head there for info already. I have read some of their stuff and it seems to be the place to go. 

I have one las cabriallas left, what boxes do you have to trade?

I have quite a pile so here is a list:

Jaime Garcia-My Fathers Cigars....I have a reddish color and two natural 

Arturo Fuente - I have several styles and sizes to choose from

St Luis Rey- a black box with silver/grey writing (6 of these)

Romeo - red and white box

Padron - several 

Gurkha _ its a strange box but interesting

I also have about 6 pieces of 1x6x36" mahogany decking. One piece could make 2-3 necks.

Let me know if any of that sounds good or we could work out a fair price too!! Thank you for getting back to me.

Jeff Ross

Can you post a picture of the gurkha box?

I have two of the Gurkha boxes I would trade. The pictures are attached. Send a friend request and we can exchange address and other info as needed. Thank you very much for your help with this project.

Jeff

Attachments:

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Tone capacitor

Started by RG Murphy in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by the anonymous pick 3 hours ago. 1 Reply

Discussion: Toothpick Frets?

Started by Habanera Hal in Feature Articles. Last reply by Paul on Monday. 26 Replies

Fret calculations

Started by Graham Wedepohl in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by BrianQ. on Saturday. 5 Replies

Upright Ubass

Started by Titch the Clown in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Greg Potts Jun 20. 1 Reply

New here

Started by Clarence johnson in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Road Rash Roy Jun 18. 13 Replies

Latest Activity

Dave Lynas liked John McNair's video
52 minutes ago
Dave Lynas commented on John McNair's video
Thumbnail

Cigar Box Guitar Resonator Song - Remember the Alamo

"You’re on the dig Johnny. Bad to the Bone. Alamony."
52 minutes ago
Dave Lynas posted a video

Rezo LPG

Minnesota LPG 3 string Guitar. Ludwig Weather Master drum. Mose Golly and Guy Mo on Guitar, Drum and Mose on vocal.
59 minutes ago
Bernie Edwards liked Giuseppe Cassa's photo
2 hours ago
the anonymous pick replied to RG Murphy's discussion Tone capacitor
3 hours ago
Taffy Evans replied to Michael Myers's discussion Hard metal bridges in the group Building a Cigar Box Guitar 101
"Hi, using a metal bridge designed for solid body electric guitars, a hardtail bridge, would…"
4 hours ago
Kent K Barnes commented on Kent K Barnes's photo
Thumbnail

8CDF6B10-B225-4433-919F-B844ACF53CB1

"Fill it with something? Any suggestions."
6 hours ago
Bill Saunders liked Poorness Studios's event Pennsylvania Cigar Box Guitar Festival
8 hours ago
George Jones liked The Cigar Box Guitar Store's event 17th Annual Cigar Box Guitar Festival
9 hours ago
Rope Walker Country Star liked Poorness Studios's video
10 hours ago
Rope Walker Country Star liked Giuseppe Cassa's video
10 hours ago
Rope Walker Country Star commented on Kent K Barnes's photo
10 hours ago

Music

© 2021   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->