Hi all.
I want to show you the chord book I've created for a CBG tuned CGC (key of C).
Basically includes all the possible chords you can make given 19 frets and a finger span up to 5 frets for each chord. That means a lot of choice for any given chord ;-) The notation is very intuitive, and there's a table of contents to help you find what you are looking for. As you can imagine It's a very big book: over 400 pages mainly because of the pictures. Anyway, if you are interested in chord books for other tunings just let me know, I'll see what I can do.

Update:
I've fixed the title of the book (I've forgot to put "The") and I've also updated the table of contents to save pages.
I have another book coming out soon about scales. It'll be part of "the ultimate series" and will be completely free like this one.
I want to make also variations of these books tailored for the most common tunings out there, like GDG, AEA, etc... but only if you are interested.

If you like my books and find them useful consider making donations:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=l...

Thanks.

Views: 460

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks, very helpful
This is incredibly comprehensive. It will encourage exploration just by forming different chord shapes to see how they sound. Furthermore, because there are so many inversions of the same chord, it will make finding a suitable voicing easier when using a fake book. You put a lot of effort into this project and I believe it will be greatly appreciated by the members of our CBG community.
Thank you for sharing. Enjoy, Keni Lee
Very cool. Thanks for taking the time to create this and share it.
that's a lot to go at there, thanks for that man. great stuff :0)
U da man.

Matt
Thank you all for your comments.
Thank you for taking the time to put this together, and for sharing it with us. It is greatly appreciated!
Thanks for spending the time to produce this book and for sharing it with other CBG ers in the Nation ...
GDG!

I suppose this could be done with almost nothing but search-and-replace? :-)

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 21. 11 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->