WE CAN WORK IT OUT !

The CBN Revolution Beatles Tribute Album!

Send your full email address

not a link!

headed "please rush me link for Beatles Tribute Album"  to:

steventrowbridge@btinternet.com

to receive an  invite link for the Album!

...or send a PM with your FULL email address,

not a link..!

Folder to look for will be...

"CBG Revolution"

all in one folder now! 

PLEASE TRY NOT TO DELETE THE SONG FILES, JUST COPY THEM

UPLOADED THEM ALL UP AGAIN LAST NIGHT! (-:

HAPPY LISTENING!

Views: 6610

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My kids wanted to watch TV when Í started the recordings, so I asked them to join. At first they were hesitating but after some tries they enjoyed it. Thanks for mixing "revolution".

'til the next "project"

Thorsten

Hey girls and boys. Cool stuff you've done!

Cheers, Sugimugi aka Thorsten

Thank you Steve, you did a fantastic job putting this together. Enjoying listening!!

Jim - after i realised the album couldn't be hosted on the Nation i had to think of something fast that operated outside the Nation and on a more private remote server, i'd recently used Dropbox with another Nation member and found it worked simply and perfectly, i put up all the album tracks in a folder on Dropbox but to give people access to the my file folder according to the Dropbox privacy system i had to "invite" members using their personal email addresses, and they needed to download the Dropbox program like any of the other hosting sites, i don't think posting a link would have accessed the files as they are designed to be "shared" with known recipients and safe from outside eyes, technically even our own versions of the songs, however good, is in breach od copyright laws  - i never realised this could compromise  their systems, i was getting a lot of email requests and managed to sort out most of them and apologise for any problems caused, i will look at an alternative, i have used yousendit in the past but still needed personal email addresses to send a link to, again sorry for the malware problem and hope everybody gets sorted out soon!  (-:

Yes, Steve, the copyrigiht porblem is an issue. Negates many things that could be done with album. Public plays like radio etc , open links on facebook Even tho no one is profiting form album, the powers that be would frown on certain "prmotion" of album. think we ALL need to realise this. Sharing with friends etc, inside and outside CBN site, is OK, as long as they are aware of "limitations" etc, re airplay, even community radio.

What us Brits  could do to follow thru the project, in a way, is hold a mini Beatles CG gitar festival/weekend. ALL songs must be Beatles songs (venue licence/pub etc, should have PRS clearance etc). Publicity posters would have photos of Beatles (think it would be OK to "chance" this, if NOT, simply put the word BEATLES in LARGE letters on flyers etc Send flyers to Beatles fan clubs online etc.Probably would be well attended. OK, lost of guys outside UK left out (unless want ta come over!), but would be good. Just a thought, ma man;) 

great idea Jamie, but would advise you ask Chickenbone John or Roosterman about hosting events...! (-;

Twas just a thought, Steve,  for guys doin "weekend things" etc. Not gonna "push" idea. just a suggestion:)

Thank Jim! (-: btw sorry for not responding to your email request earlier in the week - some "replies" i sent from my inbox bounced back as unsendable and couldn't work out which ones, maybe the ones from mobile phones/ipods?

The main thing is we have to protect our community and enjoy our activities without waking any "sleeping giants" !  My advice in future is if anyone has any big collab projects in mind always inform and seek advice from Ben Gitty first, if it is members' own songs...fine!   If it is other professional writers material we are using caution and "keeping under the radar" will keep everything kosher or "cushtie" as we say here in the UK ! (-:

copyright?? malware? to hade's i say! let's rock and roll....

Anyone fancy doin a BUG tribute album?!. Ah will upoad a "Bug" song later! lol

i'm all for that! (-:

Ma song about Bug uplaodin NOW, give it ten mins, Steve, lol

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

Latest Activity

Bernie Edwards commented on Randy S. Bretz's photo
Thumbnail

Off the Bench !

"The cherries make it really even more special!  Great project with a unique and special result!"
4 hours ago
Crazed Fandango replied to Rich Butters's discussion UK - Best Place to Buy Cigar Box's
5 hours ago
Crazed Fandango commented on David Woodman 's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0749

"Amazing!"
5 hours ago
Crazed Fandango liked David Woodman 's photo
5 hours ago
Crazed Fandango posted a photo
5 hours ago
Rich Butters posted a discussion

UK - Best Place to Buy Cigar Box's

Hi all, I am living in Thailand and building CBGs for about a year.  I will be returning to the UK…See More
7 hours ago
Rob (Uker) Porras commented on Randy S. Bretz's photo
Thumbnail

Off the Bench !

"Im assuming the wood is cherry?"
10 hours ago
Rob (Uker) Porras commented on Randy S. Bretz's photo
Thumbnail

Off the Bench !

"Wow wee!!! That is gorgeous!! "
10 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

Up the Hill A D Eker 2024

"thanks kale !yup that shaker sure keeps the groove going , and this LACE is my fender in the CBG…"
14 hours ago
AGP # liked Ghostbuttons's photo
15 hours ago
AGP # commented on Randy S. Bretz's photo
Thumbnail

Off the Bench !

"A while in the making, But!, well worth the wait, another outstanding one off Randy Bretz Build,…"
15 hours ago
AGP # liked Randy S. Bretz's photo
15 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->