Is there such an event? If not, why not!

A few of us here on the nation have made contact and are talking about a local gathering. An event to show our boxes, talk about them on every level and all that relates. I've seen related to this going on around or near my area, if there is I'd like information please.

It wouldn't take much to get it started, however if it turned into something big, I'm sure there's enough talent to step up to the plate and organize an event near St. Louis, at a local Deli, club or coffee house needing a few hour of interesting excitement.

If you have ideas or interest, post them here and lets see what develops.

Views: 3039

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A special thank you to Gary Herget and his wife who kept things together by running between raffles/ builders contest/ announcements/CBG builders shop/ Gary's venders booth and there is more on that list. Gary has been there from day one when this was just an idea. Gary located 61roadehouse & kitchen in Webster Groves MO. and introduced me to Bill Kunz the owner. 61roadhouse is what I'd call the perfect sponsor. Bill has been generous and open to our needs. Gary brought a lot to the table on ideas and our set up and is a pleasure to work with on such a big project. I look forward to working with Gary on our  2nd annual cigar box guitar festival in 2014.

Thanks for all the kind words, but no one person could pull this off alone. Steve's excitement for the fest kept the dream alive. Planning and organizing done by Steve is what made it possible to have a successful event the first time out. Together we will soon be working on next years fest. We have already been invited back by the HWY 61 Road House so everyone will know where to go in 2014. Special thanks to Mr. C who showed up wanting to help where ever he could and did a fantastic job for us helping people build their kit guitars. Thank you to all who came and experienced the First St. Louis CBG Festival, it was a pleasure to meet everyone. So now we'll get started ironing out the wrinkles and hope to bring you a better show next year.

I found out about this exactly one day too late.  I joined this site on June 10th.

I actually found out about CBG's on accident.  I was looking for information on some local entertainment on the StlToday forums, and there was a post about cigar box guitars.  I was curious, so I looked them up, and thought they looked cool, and then found out that people make them at home.  So then I found this place.

Hope to be there next year, hopefully with at least one decent axe...:-)

Shawn sorry you missed our festival here in St.Louis, everyone had a great time and we are already planning next years event. So continue to watch for updates that we will post from time to time to let you know when and where and how much fun.

Fine time for me to stumble on to this thread :(  Oh well, I couldn't have made it anyway, I was in New Orleans at the New Orleans Jazz and Pop Harp (that's harp as in: harp.  33 strings in my case.) Weekend.

I will indeed watch this space.  St. Louis is just across the state of Missouri from here and I'd make the trip with no hesitation whatsoever!

You must have strong arms hold that up to your mouth and play

I just lay down with it.

I'm really disappointed that I didn't hear about this in time to attend.  I'm one of the organizers of the Chicago Cigar Box Guitar Festival, we're holding our 2nd festival on November 9 2013.  We should work together, I'm sure both of our fests could benefit from sharing fans, bands and vendors!   

This might not be a bad idea, give it some thought maybe we can work something out.

We are still booking acts, if you know any that would be interested. The email to submit for our fest is Tony@RootsRiot.com . For vendor inquiries contact Brian Rogan at cbgchicago@yahoo.com

Maybe we could start a group just for Festival organizers/promoters on here to swap ideas and experiences.

I like the idea of networking and thanks for the contact. I'll keep you in mind and if anything comes up I'll send you an email. I'm not ignoring you, it's my work demanding overtime and by the time I'm here I'm half brain dead.

Fill us in a little on the details of your fest and what obstacles you came across and how you plan to reproach this year. Videos, pictures with stories help us see what happen last time. There are several things on our list of revision. Mainly what pleased the public and how they responded, things that ether didn't get noticed or maybe  it wasn't made obvious, signs/banners etc. What brought people there? What do you expect when you visit somebody else venue. Real growth comes from humility and honesty. Sorry, I just took a leadership class this morning. Anyway, I'll take more time later and share our experience in more detail so you can pick up on a few ideas.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Latest Activity

J. D. Woods replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
1 hour ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

There i was Standing at the ..... BCB - A. D. Eker 2024

"Thanks AGP# Glad you liked  my version ! appreciated !"
2 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

I Can Only Imagine: 2-String Chugger License Plate Cigar Box Guitar

"You are very observant Andries! Some of the Slingers are more consistent than others and I…"
3 hours ago
David L. replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
"Not sure how accurate the lyrics are (link to the lyrics site at the bottom) "Internet…"
3 hours ago
David L. liked David Hopkins's photo
3 hours ago
3 hours ago
3 hours ago
J. D. Woods posted a discussion

Song lyrics for Steve's new song

Hey Cigar Boxers,Just listened to Seasick Steve's new song, Internet Cowboys. Does anybody know…See More
4 hours ago
AGP # commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

There i was Standing at the ..... BCB - A. D. Eker 2024

"A Different, but very Likeable take on a Classic Blues Song :-)"
4 hours ago
AGP # liked A.D.EKER's video
4 hours ago
T-Gripped liked David Hopkins's photo
10 hours ago
Jim Weaver updated their profile
11 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->