I have been playing with spinning my own resonator cones on my lathe. I have had good luck with paint can lids and have tried copper, with some success.  Copper has a steeper learning curve.  If you have a lathe and want to try it, I have a video I was going to post in the video section, but the file was too large.  It is posted on YouTube and shows how I made the paint can lid resonators, including the wooden form and homemade wooden tool.. Let me know if you try it!  Thanks!

Link to video:  https://youtu.be/KoJ3XRtL5T4

Posting for information only.  Not selling anything.  Admins please delete if not allowed.

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great video nicely done, makes me wish I had a lathe.

Thank you. 

Thank you , great video

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Hardtail Bridge

Started by Seasick Mick in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Seasick Mick 1 hour ago. 10 Replies

String query

Started by Michael Myers in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Michael Myers Apr 6. 3 Replies

CallyFest 4

Started by Richard Sundberg in Fests and Concerts: Organizing and Promoting. Last reply by Southern Ray Mar 19. 46 Replies

Latest Activity

Uncle John commented on Dave Lynas's photo
Thumbnail

Gib and Willy in Duck’s Store

"He quacks me up.   "
1 hour ago
Randy S. Bretz posted a photo

Comin down the home stretch

Won`t be long now till the strings go on it.
1 hour ago
Dave Lynas commented on Dave Lynas's photo
Thumbnail

Duck, the Blues Dude

"Bunch of likes Rick. You throw enough down and something magic can happen."
1 hour ago
Seasick Mick replied to Seasick Mick's discussion Hardtail Bridge
"Finding different ways of making a CBG is part of the fun for me...Thanks for the info."
1 hour ago
Dave Lynas commented on Dave Lynas's photo
Thumbnail

Gib and Willy in Duck’s Store

"Even Duck has a lady Unc.  He thinks she’s the greatest."
1 hour ago
Carl Floyd replied to Seasick Mick's discussion Hardtail Bridge
"Four screws, like a strat.  I have a mahogany heel that stick out.  Only two of the…"
2 hours ago
Gary O'slide posted a video
2 hours ago
Scotty Bolton commented on Scotty Bolton's video
Thumbnail

Soul Sleeper Original Cigar Box Guitar Song

"Thanx guys.  No need to speak dutch A.D.............me and fly are both British. We live and…"
2 hours ago
Seasick Mick replied to Seasick Mick's discussion Hardtail Bridge
"I was wondering how you attached the neck...A couple of screws,maybe?..."
2 hours ago
Richard Sundberg commented on Richard Sundberg's video
Thumbnail

Swamp Witch Unplugged. V.V.V.

"Thank you Keith! I always appreciate your likes and support."
2 hours ago
Thumbnail

"Thank you John! I’m basically a contrarian, so that’s a super duper compliment. My…"
2 hours ago
Thumbnail

"Thank you Dave! I’ve had  this in YouTube storage for almost a year now. It almost got…"
3 hours ago

Music

© 2021   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->